Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Front curb view camera - retrofit to 14 / 15 MY C7?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:42 AM
RUQWIKR
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Front curb view camera - retrofit to 14 / 15 MY C7?

Will it be a reasonable task to retrofit the front view / curb camera (16 MY) onto a prior model year C7?
Old 06-24-2015, 10:26 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by RUQWIKR
Will it be a reasonable task to retrofit the front view / curb camera (16 MY) onto a prior model year C7?
If I am not mistaken, I believe when these were revealed for the 2016 model year it was announced that it would definitively not be possible to retrofit these due to infotainment system updates and wiring harness that changed.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 161 Posts

damn...really needed this.
Anyone got any other ideas for a curb cam on 2014-2015 C7?

Has anyone ever tried the Curb Alert? Does it work?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:05 PM
NB68
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

So wish there was a retrofit...Why not? Swap out the whole dang LCD unit and string in the cameras and update the software....prob cost a pretty penny though.

The wife has a Nissan and it's "Bird's eye view" is way better than even this. You can parallel park or pull into a tight parking space her SUV without ever looking out a window.

...wish they'd all just get together on this type of technology.

I did see a surround view kit on AliExpress or Alibabba but would require a hack to let you use your LCD and was also like $600...Sounds like a lot ...until you crack your front end which can be several thousand to repair.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:07 PM
NB68
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

So wish there was a retrofit...Why not? Swap out the whole dang LCD unit and string in the cameras and update the software....prob cost a pretty penny though.

The wife has a Nissan and it's "Bird's eye view" is way better than even this. You can parallel park or pull into a tight parking space her SUV without ever looking out a window.

...wish they'd all just get together on this type of technology.

I did see a surrond view kit on AliExpress or Alibabba but would require a hack to let you use your LCD and was also like $600...Sounds like a lot ...until you crack your front end which can be several thousand to repair.
Old 04-16-2016, 06:21 AM
Keith Newcomb
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curb alert installed on my 2014

Originally Posted by Bob Beroza
damn...really needed this.
Anyone got any other ideas for a curb cam on 2014-2015 C7?

Has anyone ever tried the Curb Alert? Does it work?
Yes it works I have installed one on my 2014 C7 and it works fine the only thing I had to do was move it back under the car further so that I could get it set at 8 inches from the front splitter to make it beep. I also have ground effects package on mine so it made it a little bit more tricky but there is a video on YouTube that does a step-by-step explanation of how to install. Now set at 8 inches you've got to approach the curb very slowly or you will still smack it. Matter of fact just today I ordered some carbon flash touch up paint to touch up my front splitter because I shipped it up several times. I also used J-B Weld epoxy instead of their double back tape to make sure mine would stay in place.

Last edited by Keith Newcomb; 07-13-2016 at 04:12 PM. Reason: To Bob you can get ahold of me if you need to but I've got a camera on the front of mine now no more curb alert

Get notified of new replies

To Front curb view camera - retrofit to 14 / 15 MY C7?

Quick Reply: Front curb view camera - retrofit to 14 / 15 MY C7?