Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

[ANSWERED] Why no blind spot detection?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:42 AM
vbdenny
Drifting

Received 391 Likes on 279 Posts

The first time I drove the car I noticed that there were no side detectors. After having them for years in my other cars, you do grow to depend on them a little. Of course I didn't get this car for details like that however it is a great safety feature. Lexus/Toyota have a good system whereas the mirror has a light but no tone unless you get really close.

The rear backup camera works fine by having a cross traffic alert is really important as we live in the age of huge SUV and trucks which total block any vision to the sides backing up. I have a practice of always backing in after scraping the front splitter on my Lexus car. The Corvette has a nice front camera system but it doesn't always go on unless you reverse first? since I do not use the car for a daily driver (I don't work and have several other vehicles) parking isn't a big issue but still, the system saved me several times backing out of parking blind on the sides.

As Mike Brewer would say, I bought myself a crackin' Corvette so I'm happy.

Denny

Quick Reply: [ANSWERED] Why no blind spot detection?