Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

[ASKED] Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Default [ASKED] Cold Air Intake

Hi Tadge,

I'd like to thank you for your involvement with the Corvette Forum. Every month I eagerly await your response to the monthly question.

It seems like the aftermarket industry has found quite a lot of power with the various cold air intake systems. More than I would normally think possible on a modern day hot rod like the Z06.

Would you please share your thoughts on the possible restriction of the air intake system on the Z06 models versus the base models?

Thanks in advance,
Old 09-28-2016, 04:10 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

I'm voting for it but the question could have asked for a comparison of OEM vs. aftermarket filter properties. Why would the intake system be any different Z06 vs. Stingray? I bet they are nearly identical. I hope Tadge will go beyond the question and not just say, they are the same.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Looks to me like identical part numbers for intake systems and throttle bodies for base model, Stingray and Z06.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:17 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
Looks to me like identical part numbers for intake systems and throttle bodies for base model, Stingray and Z06.
I would ask JVP to revise the question so that "versus" can be changed to "and."
Old 10-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
Yep! GM trying to save a buck by using the same filter in the Z car as the base units. Shameful the C7Z loses over 100 bhp at the wheels due to it's engineered restrictions.

Why GM? You didn't do this with the C6Z and the King Of The Hill C6 ZR1. The ZR1 had a different high flow filter in it.......

Get notified of new replies

To [ASKED] Cold Air Intake

Quick Reply: [ASKED] Cold Air Intake