Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Will GM Pay For A8 T/C and Stator Shaft Repairs Out Of Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Corvette-Master
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Will GM Pay For A8 T/C and Stator Shaft Repairs Out Of Warranty?

I think this is one that needs to be answered if GM will "special program" this A8 engineering defect for original owners.

Last edited by Corvette-Master; 10-04-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:01 AM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,154 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Although I agree with you Tadge will never answer such a question. NEVER.

1. Such a decision is WAY above his pay grade.
2. And he will simply say something like "GM already has an industry leading warranty program"
3. Even if he answered the question I can tell you what he'll say, "our data shows very low transmission or torque converter failure rate. And those that fail do so early on while the vehicle is under warranty so our customers are protected"
Old 10-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Corvette-Master
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxie2U
Although I agree with you Tadge will never answer such a question. NEVER.

1. Such a decision is WAY above his pay grade.
2. And he will simply say something like "GM already has an industry leading warranty program"
3. Even if he answered the question I can tell you what he'll say, "our data shows very low transmission or torque converter failure rate. And those that fail do so early on while the vehicle is under warranty so our customers are protected"
And thats the whole reason I would like it asked. I think we deserve to see how GM is going to support its owners when something goes wrong. The C8 isnt far away now, and how GM handles THIS situation is going to influence my decision if I buy a C8 or another GM product again. Im sure this speaks for many here that have lousy transmissions. For me Corporate double talk = NO SALE. Think about it, If the A8 is truly the robust unit GM claims it to be what is the risk then for GM to extend the warranty on such a solid reliable unit?

Last edited by Corvette-Master; 10-08-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:05 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette-Master
And thats the whole reason I would like it asked. I think we deserve to see how GM is going to support its owners when something goes wrong. The C8 isnt far away now, and how GM handles THIS situation is going to influence my decision if I buy a C8 or another GM product again. Im sure this speaks for many here that have lousy transmissions. For me Corporate double talk = NO SALE. Think about it, If the A8 is truly the robust unit GM claims it to be what is the risk then for GM to extend the warranty on such a solid reliable unit?
You have a warranty that lasts a fairly long time and for a fair amount of miles. Why do you think the transmission will fail outside of the warranty? Drive the car and put the average mileage any car gets per year and you should be fine. GM will support you just the same as any other manufacturer will and probably better than a lot of them. Of course they are just like any other company and the people that make up a company. Stick a sharp stick in their eye often enough and they turn deaf ears toward the people with the sharp sticks.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Will GM Pay For A8 T/C and Stator Shaft Repairs Out Of Warranty?

Quick Reply: Will GM Pay For A8 T/C and Stator Shaft Repairs Out Of Warranty?