Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Is the Corvette team going to upgrade the Z51 now that the Camaro LE1 is out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 09:27 AM
mustclime
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Is the Corvette team going to upgrade the Z51 now that the Camaro LE1 is out?

The Camaro 1LE is clocking better track times than the C7 Z51 Corvette with a couple of magazines these days. The 1LE is also about $20K less than the Z51, so I am kinda confused what the Corvette team is thinking about their product placement. It used to be if someone was looking for big V8 track cars, the expected track times matched the money spent, that is, spend more money, go faster. Now that the 1LE is a better track car than the Z51, why are you still making the Z51? Are you going to upgrade the Z51 package, kill it or just leave it out there as kinda a sad slower than a Camaro kinda track car?
Old 12-15-2016, 01:55 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,804 Likes on 1,144 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

I'm not sure why I have to continually restate: we're not asking the VLE about future products or un-announced changes to existing ones. He can't say anything about them, so why even bother asking?

Closed.

Quick Reply: Is the Corvette team going to upgrade the Z51 now that the Camaro LE1 is out?