Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

[ANSWERED] GM Dealership Corvette Technician Training/Certification Process

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:15 PM
GTVETT
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Facts and figures:
2015 total Corvette Sales 33329
Top 100 Corvette dealer sales combined with #100 doing 47 is 12,209.
That's just 33.6% of the total sales.
That means that 2/3 of the sales go to smaller dealers.
I'll bet you'd find a high percentage of the total done by many dealers selling just 10
cars per year.

Then you have some of the mega Corvette dealers like MacMulkin, Kerbec, and Criswell selling all over the US. So much of the service comes down to local dealers.

Just wanted to throw out a few facts for everyone to see the value in sales of the smaller dealer and that GM would not just rely on the top 100. IMHO

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2016/...alers-of-2015/
Old 03-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

If small dealers that sell 2-3 Corvette sales a year stopped selling Corvettes, then those Corvettes would simply be sold someplace else. This is not a case of "Thank God we have dealers that sell 2-3 Corvettes a year!" It's a statistic that has no bearing on the point. If anything it shows how many dealers with a lack of the proper education are allowed to sell Corvettes.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:53 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by GTVETT
Facts and figures:
2015 total Corvette Sales 33329
Top 100 Corvette dealer sales combined with #100 doing 47 is 12,209.
That's just 33.6% of the total sales.
That means that 2/3 of the sales go to smaller dealers.
I'll bet you'd find a high percentage of the total done by many dealers selling just 10
cars per year.

Then you have some of the mega Corvette dealers like MacMulkin, Kerbec, and Criswell selling all over the US. So much of the service comes down to local dealers.

Just wanted to throw out a few facts for everyone to see the value in sales of the smaller dealer and that GM would not just rely on the top 100. IMHO

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2016/...alers-of-2015/
If much of the service comes down to local dealers, then they should be good at it regardless of if they are selling them or not. Honestly, it doesn't matter at all. The entire point of discussion on what dealers are selling how many cars is completely irrelevant to the discussion of service quality and if anything, is reinforcing the issue at hand.

Last edited by slickstick; 03-28-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by millpond
Is there a list of Certified Corvette Dealers?
Great question... I would love to get a copy.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:22 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

A dealer can sell you a Corvette and do an oil change for you since this is not considered warranty work. For those of you that buy from the small town dealer that has no certifications you will wish you did not purchase the car if you have serious problems. This should be a consideration for those of you wishing to purchase a new car from a small town dealer that cannot service it.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by millpond
Is there a list of Certified Corvette Dealers?
Originally Posted by grcor
I looked on the Chevrolet web site and could not find anything about "Corvette Certified". So 2 days ago I sent them an email asking why isn't this information on the site. So far I have not heard back from them. Maybe if enough people got on the Chevrolet site and made the same request I made they might get the information out there.

I know, I shouldn't hold my breath that it will happen.

This legitimate question has been posed a few times in this thread.

Nate@VanBortel Chevy has failed to provide a direct answer, began to double-talk and has mysteriously disappeared.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:48 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

they [gm] tried this when duramax diesel trucks came out in 2001,that they only sold duramax trucks certified dealers,,this lasted 2-3 months,and every other dealer raised hell,then magicly every dealer started selling duramax trucks
Old 09-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Allan
Race Director

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Ole Nate is quite the salesman.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:45 PM
jwbert
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=RFBHD;1594367602]
Originally Posted by mschuyler
Uh, no. Anything less than a B is flunking. And to get into med school, you need A's in everything, including stuff like Organic Chemistry which, unless you have a genius level IQ difficult for most everyone.[/QUOTE

oh please..... yes that is why the malpractice industry is thriving ... if your a doctor you MUST be smart and competent ....right
Doctors as a whole are generally A or B above average in intelligence,and excel at book learning and memorization, but that does not mean they are all above average in people skills, personality, bedside manner, or the desire to serve mankind. Some are just arrogant jerks in it for the large paycheck.

Quick Reply: [ANSWERED] GM Dealership Corvette Technician Training/Certification Process