Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

[ANSWERED] 2015+ water pump housing discontinued, not available anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:38 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default [ANSWERED] 2015+ water pump housing discontinued, not available anywhere

The original question is here.

FYREANT asked:
It appears that the water pump housing for the 2015+ C7 is listed as being discontinued (all part numbers for it) and no dealer in the country is able to get this part. There are members that are looking for this part and have their cars down for service waiting for this part to become available with no known ETA for a fix. Would you be able to shed some light as to why the current part is discontinued without a replacement being immediately available? I am sure that C7's are still being built everyday in Bowling Green, so perhaps the part number got changed and due to a clerical error, nobody knows the new part number? Thanks
Tadge answered:
Thanks for the question, fyreant. I can understand the confusion. We have made part number changes as we continuously improve our production and service parts. Your question asks about 2015 and later cars, but I thought I better talk about 2014’s also. We also have to distinguish between the water pump kit (pump and gasket) and Crossover assembly which includes the water pump and manifold (what I think you are referring to as a housing). For 2015 and later cars the most current part numbers are 12681259 (crossover assy) and 12683013 (pump). The pump and gasket are actually back-serviceable to 2014 model Corvettes as well. Although we may have had part shortages for these part numbers in the past, our system is currently showing availability for both right now. Note also these part number are good for both LT1’s and LT4’s.

For 2014 Corvette owners wanting the full crossover assembly, that part number is 12688645. This part is replacing the previously available 12679050. We have sold out of the old part number, but expect deliveries of the new part number next week. Based on outstanding orders, we will have more than enough stock to cover everyone.
The following 4 users liked this post by jvp:
CPhelps (08-10-2017), daleong (08-11-2017), Lavender (08-09-2017), Preston7 (08-15-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 01:13 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Thank you for the confirmation and part numbers Tadge!
Old 01-26-2018, 07:55 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

OK darn.. I found another thread on this water pump topic and prematurely posted a question but just to cover my bases, I'll post it here. My builder has asked me if I wanted to "update" my water pump to the most current production of this part. Just trying to nip this issue in the bud so to speak.

My car: 2014 LT1 416cid (car is originally a Z51 if that matters)
It has the original equipped GM water pump that came from the factory in 2014.
I have NOT had any issues with it but it's roughly 4 years old now.

I was told that I might want to "upgrade" to the latest version of this part: 12681259.

After reading this thread, am I supposed to "upgrade" the whole assembly to 12688645?

I am asking because I plan on powder coating this part to match the rest of the engine theme colors. Of course, once I powder coat it, there is NO returning it.

Get notified of new replies

To [ANSWERED] 2015+ water pump housing discontinued, not available anywhere

Quick Reply: [ANSWERED] 2015+ water pump housing discontinued, not available anywhere