Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

[ASKED] Aftermarket part influences on factory release models

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 07:24 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default [ASKED] Aftermarket part influences on factory release models

Tadge,

The Corvette is a car that everybody loves to modify in order to customize and tweak certain aspects to their liking. Do aftermarket parts have any influence on Corvette feature and design enhancement for later model years in a generation model run? If so, can you explain the process for how these influences make their way through to model release?

As an example, some folks with 2014's got certain body parts painted to color match their car such as brake light bezels, hood vents, rear lower diffuser, etc. Some of these sometimes later become factory options. If the Corvette team gets influence from this type of owner customization, what does that look like? Does someone on the team see an aftermarket option and bring it to the rest of the team?

Last edited by FYREANT; 10-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Nate@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 336 Likes on 126 Posts

I think you've answered your own question. Consumer demands will definitely influence auto makers and design. Otherwise we would all be driving Prius's and Camrys :X.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:36 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Nate@VanBortelChevy
I think you've answered your own question. Consumer demands will definitely influence auto makers and design. Otherwise we would all be driving Prius's and Camrys :X.
Perhaps so, but I am curious as to what extent. Does the Corvette team have a guy sit on the forum and look at all the stuff that the aftermarket comes up with and brings it to the team and says lets do this or that? I'm looking for more detail on the process I suppose. I can amend the question the be more specific..

Get notified of new replies

To [ASKED] Aftermarket part influences on factory release models

Quick Reply: [ASKED] Aftermarket part influences on factory release models