[ANSWERED] Magnetic Ride Performance Calibrations - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Ask Tadge > Ask Tadge
Reload this Page >

[ANSWERED] Magnetic Ride Performance Calibrations

Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

[ANSWERED] Magnetic Ride Performance Calibrations

Old 02-10-2018, 09:53 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,510 Times in 417 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Originally Posted by Mark Ca View Post
great explanation. There was no mention of an update to the c6 zr1s. Any idea why it would not be available for them?
Different system. And they're not actively developing anything for the previous generation.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Mark Ca
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jvp View Post
Different system. And they're not actively developing anything for the previous generation.
thank you. I figured it was something like that.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:48 PM
samwint77
CF Member

I tried to go to my dealership where I purchased my 2017 z51 to get this, but they didn't know about it. How do they look this up? They said something about a document number or PO number.

Thank You Tadge
Old 02-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Vortex of Hotness
Support Corvetteforum!

Default January lightning Lap times

Originally Posted by keagan View Post
Did anyone else realize Jim said the Z with the new Calibration did a 2:39 @ VIR? Does that not beat the now discontinued Viper’s time?
CD just released the Ford GT results of their Lightening Lap Jan 2018 as the GT is now the ‘king’ and fastest lap at 2:43.0 on the VIR grand course. You have the math post calibration of the z06. The ZR1 put nearly 6 seconds on the ‘king’ 30 days after the GT post. Hahaha I have the pdr links if you want them.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 PM
SLEEKVET
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by samwint77 View Post
I tried to go to my dealership where I purchased my 2017 z51 to get this, but they didn't know about it. How do they look this up? They said something about a document number or PO number.

Thank You Tadge

Bring them this:

Dealer Installation Details:
To reprogram the “CorvetteMagnetic Ride Suspension Calibration" please call Techline Customer
Support Center (TCSC) at 1-800-828-6860 for programming requirements andinstructions. Please
be ready to provide the 17-digit VIN prior to calling. Please see detailedsteps below:
Step 1 – Obtain VIN ofvehicle for reprogramming.
Step 2 – Call TCSC at 1-800-828-6860.
Step 3 – Flash Calibration and complete Setup Process using the ServiceProgramming System.
Model Year 2014-2016 vehicles refer to Document ID 3633837, Model Year 2017-2018 vehicles refer to DocumentID 4593366.
Step 4 – Refer to installationinstructions in SI Document ID 4873206,for specific product details.
Step 5 – The labor for download and the re-flash of the module is to be chargedto labor OP code
0602448 at an allowable 0.3hr.
Step 6 – Collect MSRP $350.00 from customer which covers ALL COST, including Labor for the
download and re-flash of the module. NOTE: This upgraded suspensioncalibration is a
customer-pay transaction and should not be submitted as a warranty claim. Theonly
submission to General Motors is for 0.3hr Labor per Step 5.
Step 7 – Dealer Piece Costfor Calibration will be billed to the BARS/Open Account monthly via
Techline. Dealer Statement will include the 17-digit VIN, Part Number Reference“CORVSUSP" and
Dealer Piece Cost.
Step 8 – To get the maximum performance and consistency out of the updatedcalibration, please
allow the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hours after the update and prior tospirited driving.
NOTE:
Headline Details Page 2 of 6
https://dealer.autopartners.net/port...US-9-4986.aspx 1/31/2018
The MRC damper system hasa built-in temperature offset correction as part of the calibration.
Chevrolet Performance recommends allowing the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hoursafter flash of
Calibration and prior to spirited driving. This step does not need to be done at the dealership and
can be done at the customer's convenience. Allowing the vehicle to sitwill allow the damper
temperatures to normalize, and the temperature offset in the calibration toaccurately reset. The
vehicle is still functional prior to sitting for 8-10 hours. However, thetemperature offset correction
will be less accurate, resulting in a less optimized operation until the dampertemperatures
normalize.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SLEEKVET For This Useful Post:
dachtler (02-16-2018), Gonzo (02-25-2018), JerryU (02-26-2018), sfsvettes (12-05-2018), Yourconfused (11-20-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 03:52 PM
Nick2016

Tadge,

I had the MRC done on my car last week. I know that it is faster straight in corners and braking than my Lotus, but with the MRC the car feels better than the Lotus.

More specifically (I have not been to the track yet):

The feel of the steering is as good as the Lotus (which is unassisted rack and pinion).
The car feels like rotates in a corner better (better than the Lotus).
Going from a smooth surface to a rough surface is seamless.

I am sure I will discover more when I get it out on the track. Again the mod does not make the car significantly faster, but I think the ride will significantly make me more confident in the cars abilities and improve my times faster.

Thanks for the effort it is well worth the cost.

Nick
Old 02-25-2018, 07:17 PM
Gonzo
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by SLEEKVET View Post
Bring them this:

Dealer Installation Details:
To reprogram the “CorvetteMagnetic Ride Suspension Calibration" please call Techline Customer
Support Center (TCSC) at 1-800-828-6860 for programming requirements andinstructions. Please
be ready to provide the 17-digit VIN prior to calling. Please see detailedsteps below:
Step 1 – Obtain VIN ofvehicle for reprogramming.
Step 2 – Call TCSC at 1-800-828-6860.
Step 3 – Flash Calibration and complete Setup Process using the ServiceProgramming System.
Model Year 2014-2016 vehicles refer to Document ID 3633837, Model Year 2017-2018 vehicles refer to DocumentID 4593366.
Step 4 – Refer to installationinstructions in SI Document ID 4873206,for specific product details.
Step 5 – The labor for download and the re-flash of the module is to be chargedto labor OP code
0602448 at an allowable 0.3hr.
Step 6 – Collect MSRP $350.00 from customer which covers ALL COST, including Labor for the
download and re-flash of the module. NOTE: This upgraded suspensioncalibration is a
customer-pay transaction and should not be submitted as a warranty claim. Theonly
submission to General Motors is for 0.3hr Labor per Step 5.
Step 7 – Dealer Piece Costfor Calibration will be billed to the BARS/Open Account monthly via
Techline. Dealer Statement will include the 17-digit VIN, Part Number Reference“CORVSUSP" and
Dealer Piece Cost.
Step 8 – To get the maximum performance and consistency out of the updatedcalibration, please
allow the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hours after the update and prior tospirited driving.
NOTE:
Headline Details Page 2 of 6
https://dealer.autopartners.net/port...US-9-4986.aspx 1/31/2018
The MRC damper system hasa built-in temperature offset correction as part of the calibration.
Chevrolet Performance recommends allowing the vehicle to sit for 8 to 10 hoursafter flash of
Calibration and prior to spirited driving. This step does not need to be done at the dealership and
can be done at the customer's convenience. Allowing the vehicle to sitwill allow the damper
temperatures to normalize, and the temperature offset in the calibration toaccurately reset. The
vehicle is still functional prior to sitting for 8-10 hours. However, thetemperature offset correction
will be less accurate, resulting in a less optimized operation until the dampertemperatures
normalize.

Thank you
Old 05-24-2018, 02:29 PM
WaxWeekly
CF Senior Member

Is there any way to confirm that this tune was applied by a dealer?

Having it done today, and not sure how much difference I'll feel before and after given I have an '18.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 AM
March

Is there an update yet for the Z51 track mode?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to March For This Useful Post:
JT Corvette (11-26-2018), Yourconfused (11-27-2018)
Old 11-26-2018, 08:37 PM
JT Corvette

Originally Posted by March View Post
Is there an update yet for the Z51 track mode?
I keep waiting and waiting....its the only mode that really makes it worthwhile.
Who cares about performance in a non track setting

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ANSWERED] Magnetic Ride Performance Calibrations

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.