Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Customer Request for Blind Spot detector Audible Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 01:47 PM
darrylj26113
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Customer Request for Blind Spot detector Audible Alarm

Tadge, in a recent Corvette forum post learned that the C8 does not have the ability to sound an audible tone when there is a car in your blind spot and the direction signal is on. I have found that this feature has been invaluable (great human factors feature) in my Chrysler Pacifica. I would like for you to consider adding this feature to the 2020 C8. The feature can be controlled through a infotainment system code switch (enable/disable). The default state of the code switch should be disabled. I would guess that it would be easy to add to the C8’s software/firmware and would be relatively easy to test and regress the code update. The code could be added to the 2020 C8 as part of a software/firmware update.

I do have a C8 convertible on order. The last TPW was 4/13.
The following users liked this post:
Keithwinnfl (05-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 04:53 PM
rowala
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by darrylj26113
Tadge, in a recent Corvette forum post learned that the C8 does not have the ability to sound an audible tone when there is a car in your blind spot and the direction signal is on. I have found that this feature has been invaluable (great human factors feature) in my Chrysler Pacifica. I would like for you to consider adding this feature to the 2020 C8. The feature can be controlled through a infotainment system code switch (enable/disable). The default state of the code switch should be disabled. I would guess that it would be easy to add to the C8’s software/firmware and would be relatively easy to test and regress the code update. The code could be added to the 2020 C8 as part of a software/firmware update.

I do have a C8 convertible on order. The last TPW was 4/13.
I agree that having an audible alarm would be useful.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:39 AM
dave_2012_tt
Burning Brakes

Received 344 Likes on 207 Posts

I only have one car with this feature and I just assumed they all had an audible tone...not to bash anyone or anything but why would you not have this option. I know the Corvette is a drivers car and if you mirrors are angled correctly you have very little to no blind spot...but humans are imperfect and tech is to make up for our lack of perfection. So yes I agree this would be a good feature while doing this please add notification to the HUD.
N2TU (12-19-2023)
Old 10-16-2020, 05:38 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Heck, My 2015 Dodge Durango has this feature. Yes, it is very useful and can help prevent an accident or error if the driver is not paying full attention. GM should consider this feature for the C8.
N2TU (12-19-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Customer Request for Blind Spot detector Audible Alarm

Quick Reply: Customer Request for Blind Spot detector Audible Alarm