Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Olm

Old 02-07-2018, 09:31 PM
jsollmi
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Olm

Tadge I Have a 2017 C7 Z51. I previously owned a C6 and C5 In the C5 and C6 it was apparent to me that Mobil 1 oil had a 10,000 mile life and that changing oil at 10K or at one year which ever came first was acceptable. Along comes the OLM in the C7 and a time factor is added that causes my oil life to "deteriorate". Even though my car is sitting in the garage this winter. At the end of 4 months I would have lost 37 % of oil life. In addition the mileage factor is 1% for every 50 miles so the life of Mobil1 is reduced to a maximum of 5000 miles. What gives? See my post dated 1/31/18 titled "Idiotic Oil Life Monitoring System" to read the thread of confusion caused by the new OLM. When it is all boiled down the system has become a timer. The new design was a fix for a non problem that created its own problem.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:38 PM
jsollmi
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does Tadge answer
Old 02-17-2018, 09:37 AM
CPhelps
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by jsollmi
does Tadge answer
The way this section works is people start threads in order to submit threads to the "Ask Tadge" question of the week.

Every week JVP goes through the threads and those with high traffic (showing that they are of interest to the community) get put into a poll thread that he creates. The Corvette Forum community then votes on which question should be sent to Tadge, and JVP sends it along.

So keep an eye out for your question to go on the weekly poll thread and vote for it there in order for it to get submitted to Tadge.

See these two sticky threads for more information:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ask-tadge.html
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ask-tadge.html

Last edited by CPhelps; 02-17-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Olm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Olm