Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Glitch after MRC Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 02:21 AM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17
Default Glitch after MRC Update

Hello,

I got the MRC update ($350). Ever since then i have noticed the issues below:

- When i select the steering to stay in tour mode (via touch screen selection) - it does not stay in tour mode when i select track mode via the drive selector.

- My exhaust has become significantly quieter since the update (even though its set to track mode via touch screen). Fixed this by resetting to factory settings via touch screen.

- I also noticed that the suspension is very stiff in tour mode, it feels like i am in track mode the entire time (i am not sure if this is normal for the update).

I noticed in the bulletin that it says 2014/2015 vehicles will also require MRC module software and utility file updates along with calibration files. My vehicle is a 2015 z06, could these issues have been caused by the failure to update the files mentioned above? or could it be due to an improperly performed update?

UPDATE: After extensive testing this morning I've confirmed that the suspension is stuck in either sport/track mode in every mode. My best guess is that it is stuck in track mode ( it feels similar to the non-updated track mode).

Last edited by shiv.nandak; 04-29-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:21 PM
shiv.nandak
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Update: i took the car to another dealership and it looks like the MRC was updated properly this time. I still have the other issues

Last edited by shiv.nandak; 05-04-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Glitch after MRC Update