Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 07:43 PM
rglanville
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nurburgring

Why not ask Tadge if they were trying for a ZR1 record last week when there was an unofficial time of 7:12 and whether any further Ring testing is planned? Given the performance of the ZR1 relative to the ACR at both VIR and Road Atlanta, it's hard to believe that the ZR1 won't do better than 7:01.
The following users liked this post:
Xanthophyll (04-28-2018)
Old 04-25-2018, 09:33 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 876 Likes on 447 Posts

Not sure this will make it, just as the Z06 at the ring didn’t make it. Would love to hear though.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:01 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Good question, but I'm afraid you'll have to do the math.
The following users liked this post:
Xanthophyll (04-28-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 10:27 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Tadge was asked about the ring time again this morning, his answer was;

We mainly go to the ring for validation and testing, it costs millions of dollars to go over to the ring due to the logistics. He also added that there are not any controls of what each manufacture is doing, you don't know what has been done to each car because all you see is the video and time.
The weather can be so different from one part of the track to the other that it is very difficult to put a clean lap together.
Tadge said they were lucky to get the Camaro time, everything just happened to "work out".
Old 04-30-2018, 05:03 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Sigh. I think we can do the math on this one.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by BERETTA

We mainly go to the ring for validation and testing
, it costs millions of dollars to go over to the ring due to the logistics. He also added that there are not any controls of what each manufacture is doing, you don't know what has been done to each car because all you see is the video and time.
The weather can be so different from one part of the track to the other that it is very difficult to put a clean lap together.
Tadge said they were lucky to get the Camaro time, everything just happened to "work out".
Somebody help me with this. Validation and testing? What has the Nurburgring got that any combination of domestic tracks can't supply a whole lot cheaper (other than the laptime publicity)? The 'Ring is a nice long lap, of course, but an awful lot of it is repetitive in nature.

Just curious.

(Disclaimer: I've spent a few Deutschmarks and Euros having fun at that track on business and vacation trips.)
Old 05-05-2018, 09:24 AM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Orrr maybe we can ask why there is an absence of the entire C7 line up. I find it hard to believe no clean lap was made with:

Stingray
Z06
Grand Sport
ZR1

This entire generation has been hush hush at the Ring. Even though we were told to do the math back in 2015, Tadge said they did have a time for the Z06, sooooo... I sorta hated maths back in school and still hate it now.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:11 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by keagan
Orrr maybe we can ask why there is an absence of the entire C7 line up. I find it hard to believe no clean lap was made with:

Stingray
Z06
Grand Sport
ZR1

This entire generation has been hush hush at the Ring. Even though we were told to do the math back in 2015, Tadge said they did have a time for the Z06, sooooo... I sorta hated maths back in school and still hate it now.

The earlier claim of "validation and testing" requires a shitload of track time/miles (BTDT on all of GM's tracks), so it's hard for me to fathom that there haven't been any opportunities for any clean laps.

OTOH, does a C7 overheat in less than 12.9 miles?

JMO
Old 05-06-2018, 08:33 AM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 69427

The earlier claim of "validation and testing" requires a shitload of track time/miles (BTDT on all of GM's tracks), so it's hard for me to fathom that there haven't been any opportunities for any clean laps.

OTOH, does a C7 overheat in less than 12.9 miles?

JMO
If the Stingray didn’t do it, no problem. But cmon now, the other 3 cars?? One has to give. If I had to choose I would pick the Grand Sport and the ZR1 times. There is no going back to the Z06 now unless they do a dual release.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:07 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by BERETTA

We mainly go to the ring for validation and testing, it costs millions of dollars to go over to the ring due to the logistics. He also added that there are not any controls of what each manufacture is doing, you don't know what has been done to each car because all you see is the video and time.
Where did this come up?
Old 05-06-2018, 11:23 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by slickstick
Where did this come up?
probably at the bash.

Get notified of new replies

To nurburgring

Quick Reply: nurburgring