Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.
View Poll Results: Which question should we send to Tadge?
MR suspension upgrade not for Europe?
9.41%
Conventional 5 lug nut wheels vs. forged center lock wheels
43.53%
ZR1 Front Quarter Panel Design Changes
20.00%
C7 ZR1: Balanced Downforce
27.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 5/13/18

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 08:41 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,802 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 5/13/18

Vote for which of these 4 you'd like to have Tadge answer. The winner will be submitted 5/13/18.

The questions are posted in the replies below, with links to their respective threads.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:44 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default MR suspension upgrade not for Europe?

The original question is here.

doctor_charly asked:
In europe the upgrades for MR suspensions are not available... Any idea why? Are the Eu version already in a specific tune?
Old 05-06-2018, 08:45 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default Conventional 5 lug nut wheels vs. forged center lock wheels

ltomn asked:
Knowing that there are a few sports car manufacturers that utilize center lock, forged wheels versus conventional, 5 lug nut wheels, please give us the positive, or negative, reasons for using or not using both wheel types? Porsche does have a center lock, forged wheel option on some of their models that are sub 150K. Since Corvette is approaching 150K with the ZR1 would Corvette consider forged, center lock wheels on it, or any of the Corvette models, as a option? Further, since the ZR1 and ZO6 have massive, broad torque bands, and much higher horsepower, would that affect the reasons for using forged wheels in general?

Last edited by jvp; 05-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:47 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default ZR1 Front Quarter Panel Design Changes

MMD asked:
I would like to hear Tadge's take on the new design feature of the wide-body style "front" quarter panels found on the ZR1. I have not read or heard anyone discuss this design deviation from the stock C7 wide body design that can be found on the Z06 and Grand Sport. Was this change a result of aeronautical engineering studies, computational fluid & thermal analysis, or was this change made just to mitigate issues related to stones and road debris being kicked up rearward outside toward the rear of the vehicle? I noticed the ZR1 did away with the wheel opening "spats" that where implemented since the 2017 model year. I would appreciate any insights learning about this little mentioned design change. Any possibilty this feature will be incorporated into the design of the 2020 model year Z06 and Grand Sport? It sure would aid in reducing road debris damage.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:48 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

"Ask Tadge" Producer

Default C7 ZR1: Balanced Downforce

The original questions is here.

smurfmacaw asked:
I'd be interested in the changes to the ZR-1's front aero to balance the downforce from the massive wing riding in the back. I'm sure there is a preferred balance and significantly increasing the downforce in the back required some compensation in the front to prevent understeer at high speeds but it looks essentially the same as far as the splitter etc in the front (I've only seen pictures so they may be deceptive.)

Get notified of new replies

To Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 5/13/18

Quick Reply: Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 5/13/18