Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Competition Mode - C5 vs C6

Old 05-16-2018, 08:07 PM
Osbophi
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Competition Mode - C5 vs C6

Launching manual C5 advice saysi use Competition mode. C6, turn off traction control. So why not competition mode for C6? Inquiring minds what to know!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:36 AM
Clairvoyantwolf
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

For as far as I'm aware competition mode is not the same thing between C5 and C6. The C5 modes are On, Traction Control off (competition mode), and Off. For the C6 it is On, Traction Control off, less restrictive stability control (competition mode), and off. Traction control off in the C6 is effectively the same as Competition mode for the C5.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Osbophi
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Competition Mode Deltas

Thank you very much for that. I was wondering.

Actually, it didn’t seem to make much difference the day my son, in his spanking new Challenger RT (equipped with that newfangled automatic drive) went out for some excercise (on a closed course certainly!). In the either case, my 11 year old C6, “burdened” by my old fashioned stir stick, walked away. But as I said to him later, it sure sounded nice, while he was within ear shot that is.

Originally Posted by Clairvoyantwolf
For as far as I'm aware competition mode is not the same thing between C5 and C6. The C5 modes are On, Traction Control off (competition mode), and Off. For the C6 it is On, Traction Control off, less restrictive stability control (competition mode), and off. Traction control off in the C6 is effectively the same as Competition mode for the C5.

Get notified of new replies

To Competition Mode - C5 vs C6

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Competition Mode - C5 vs C6