Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Why doesn't the hatch open?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Torque Obsessed
CF Senior Member

Default Why doesn't the hatch open?

Hi Tadge, I'm on my 3rd Corvette now. My 2014 Stingray won't open the rear hatch consistently. Both of my C5s had the same problem and required an aftermarket spring to open. Why is this still an issue two generations later?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:01 PM
pjazz
CF Senior Member

Iíve had three that never had that issue.

Last edited by pjazz; 06-14-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:21 PM
Torque Obsessed
CF Senior Member

Just this morning I pushed the button to pop the trunk and I heard it release (it's loud), and then I went to the back of the car and the hatch was still closed. I've had to slam the door to get the hatch to open, or pry it open somehow, many times.

My car is a pre-production 2014, so maybe nobody else has a C7 old enough to experience this yet?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:58 AM
slickstick
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed View Post
Just this morning I pushed the button to pop the trunk and I heard it release (it's loud), and then I went to the back of the car and the hatch was still closed. I've had to slam the door to get the hatch to open, or pry it open somehow, many times.

My car is a pre-production 2014, so maybe nobody else has a C7 old enough to experience this yet?
Sometimes my 2015 hatch will take a long time to pop open also, or needs pryed open after barely cracking open.

The more annoying problem is that I need to open the door or crack a window to shut the hatch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why doesn't the hatch open?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.