Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Ask Tadge > Ask Tadge
Reload this Page >

Manual Gear Box In The C8 Mid Engine Corvette

Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Manual Gear Box In The C8 Mid Engine Corvette

Old 07-31-2018, 12:46 PM
RonnieC6Z
CF Senior Member

Default Manual Gear Box In The C8 Mid Engine Corvette

This is a suggestion rather than a question. I have owned close to 50 cars including Ferraris, Porsches, Viper, you name it. I also have owned 11 Corvettes including my current 2016 Z51 C7. Almost all of my cars have been manuals except for my 2015 Ferrari F430 spider and my 2013 Porsche Boxster S, which had the Porsche PDK dual clutch tranny. Rumor has it that the C8 mid engine Corvette will no longer offer a manual gear box. If true, I feel that this is a major mistake on the part of Chevy. There are still a decent number of Corvette owners, including myself, that will only drive a manual. Yes, the dual clutch tranny is a far superior box than the current A8, and is faster on the track than is a manual. However, by far the percentage of Corvette owners that never track their car compared to those that do is huge. I used to do some customer relations work for Porsche. After Porsche discontinued offering a manual in the 911 Turbo and Turbo S about 6 years ago, they seriously considered discontinuing manuals in all cars except for the Boxster and Cayman. They received so much negative feedback that they reconsidered, and still offer a manual in most 911's as well as Boxsters and Caymans. Mustang, BMW, Audi also still offer manuals, as now does Jaguar in their F-Type. Of all the cars that I have owned, Corvettes are, by far, my favorite, and I can't wait to order my C8 mid engine Corvette ONLY if I can get a manual. If not, it will be a Porsche 911. Hopefully, GM will give this a great deal of thought and make the effort to please all of it's customers when it comes to gear box choice.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:07 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,618 Times in 439 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Hopefully it's obvious that we can't send this and why that is. Sorry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Manual Gear Box In The C8 Mid Engine Corvette

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.