Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Ask Tadge > Ask Tadge
Reload this Page >

[ASKED] C7 Z06/ZR1 Transmission Fluid on Ground

Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

[ASKED] C7 Z06/ZR1 Transmission Fluid on Ground

Old 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,618 Times in 439 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator
Default [ASKED] C7 Z06/ZR1 Transmission Fluid on Ground

Tadge -

A few of the very aggressive track dogs here on the forum have seen issues with the transmission fluid in their Z06s and/or ZR1s sometimes venting out and leaking on the ground. This after some particularly warm or fast sessions on the track. Can you explain what's going on with this and is it expected?
Old 08-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 858 Posts

Most excellent question! I've been fixing the issue with a can of brakleen.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:42 AM
djnice
CF Senior Member

I have had this happen. I wish the response would have discussed the vacuum build up that occurs because the vent lets air out, but not back in. I wonder if the vacuum will affect seals? Also, the response eluded to maintenance free and not needing to add oil. However, the manual says to change trans fluid every 15 hours of track time.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:09 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,618 Times in 439 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator

Originally Posted by djnice View Post
Also, the response eluded to maintenance free and not needing to add oil. However, the manual says to change trans fluid every 15 hours of track time.
I'm pretty sure he acknowledged that.

Although most people will never have to add fluid to their transmissions, the "aggressive track dogs" you describe in the question must monitor and maintain their fluid fills per our owner's manual instructions.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:50 PM
djnice
CF Senior Member

Yes, I was mainly pointing out the oil change because I feel like people miss that in the manual. I think 15 hr is about the same interval as the diff fluid, but no one seems to talk about it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ASKED] C7 Z06/ZR1 Transmission Fluid on Ground

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.