Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 04:52 PM
stevecherry
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield

Tomorrow I will be getting a new windshield in my 2015 Convertible.
The existing windshield is a hazard when driving into the sun, due to "sandblasting";
When I bought the car a couple of years ago, it had been a rental in SoCal; While I was cleaning "recent trips" off the Nav System, I noticed that a bunch of them were short day trips out into the desert...when I started to notice the "sandblasting" I thought that might be the cause, but there was not attendant sandblasting of the paint...
I'm now of the opinion that road grit is picked up by the grille and accelerated onto the windshield via the hood vent, causing this "sandblasting" over the years.
Am I off base here, or is it possible that there is a design flaw that needs to be corrected?
This is my 6th Corvette: '58, 63, 64, 89, 93 and now the 2015 Base LT3 8-speed Automatic...This is an amazing vehicle, 11,000 mile road trip last year (32 MPG), only hiccup has been the Torque Converter stuttering, corrected by the local Dealer (Nahas Chev).
I'm retired Navy, 78 years old, am thinking I have one more Corvette in my future, probably a Factory Delivery in a couple of years.
Thanks for listening to me, and considering my theory on sandblasted windshields.

Quick Reply: Windshield