Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Ask Tadge > Ask Tadge
Reload this Page >

Upholstery Coming undone on Driver Side Seat left seat Bolster

Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Upholstery Coming undone on Driver Side Seat left seat Bolster

Old 03-02-2019, 10:13 AM
ptalar
CF Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Upholstery Coming undone on Driver Side Seat left seat Bolster

I purchased my 2016 Z51 3LT new in 2016. About a couple of months after purchasing it the upholstery on the driver side left seat bolster on my competition seats came undone. I brought the car to my local dealer who happily reupholstered the upper seat under warranty. About 6 months later the upholstery came undone again. This time they tucked it in. The upholstery came undone again and I continued to tuck it in until now. I finally got fed up with having to tuck in the upholstery and brought it in to my dealer to get it reupholstered again under my factory warranty before it runs out. They told me they will reupholster the seat under warranty and informed me that there is now a service bulletin out on the seat that improves the upholstery installation with stronger clips that can take more movement without the upholstery coming undone. They have ordered the parts required per the service bulletin including new upholstery. I am waiting for them to come in. I cannot find this service bulletin. My request is that you only post the link to this service bulletin here for other forum members who are having this problem so they are aware and can get their cars fixed with the improved upholstery installation. Thanks for your help and coming up with a fix.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:57 PM
Maxie2U
CF Senior Member

Received 1,279 Likes on 829 Posts

Don’t understand why people do not include pictures! Ugh
Old 03-05-2019, 09:33 AM
ptalar
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maxie2U View Post
Donít understand why people do not include pictures! Ugh
It is a pretty common problem. With that said it appears to not be well documented in the Corvette Forum. I key worded a number of words and only one documented incident came up in the Corvette Forum. Attached is a well documented link with pictures. https://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...eat-frame.html

Last edited by ptalar; 03-05-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 04-27-2019, 11:50 PM
spinkick
CF Senior Member

Received 322 Likes on 218 Posts

This is very common, there are updated clips to fix this. Have you talked to your dealer?
Old 04-28-2019, 12:01 AM
ptalar
CF Senior Member

Yes, they replaced the driver seat with the updated clips per service bulletin 18-NA-327. So far so good. The seat bolster upholstery installation appears to be more robust. I hope it works.
The following users liked this post:
spinkick (04-28-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upholstery Coming undone on Driver Side Seat left seat Bolster

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.