Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

HUD adjustability 2019 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:58 AM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts
Default HUD adjustability 2019 Z06

Hello Tadge,

I recently received my 2019/Z06 Vert on Saturday.

Its at the "detailer" now getting some XPEL, tint and Ceramic applied so I do not have the car until this Friday,but in any event while driving it the short distance from the dealer to the detail shop it seems that the HUD display is a bit out of level, it appears titled to the right horizontally, I searched the forum and found others who have a similar issue with respect to the HUD not being level when viewing it.

Is there a "LEVEL" adjustment available ?? Or is this a common defect that GM is aware of and has not resolved yet ?

If there is a easy fix where in the menu/settings would I find that adjustment. ???

Thank You

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 07-08-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:42 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

Yes on the 2019 there is a HUD setting to change it from left to right. It's in the settings on the DIC.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:16 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Hey Guys,

Looking for a little info, the HUD Display on my 2019 Z06 has a rotational adjustment for leveling out the display besides the up and down for height viewing.

When the HUD display is viewed on my windshield in the "CENTER" of adjust ability which is at the Three O'Clock position its very, very out of level !!!

When I rotate the adjustment to Twelve O'Clock or full counter clockwise its still out of level by 10 to 15 degrees !!

I was hoping that there was a software re-calibration available to correct the adjust-ability and level the display correctly ????

If anyone can let me know how their display looks at the three O'clock position relative to level I would appreciate that info.

I am trying to see if this is a consistent defect in all the HUD's or if mine is just out of calibration/spec and needs a replacement if not software update exists.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2019, 12:21 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
Hey Guys,

Looking for a little info, the HUD Display on my 2019 Z06 has a rotational adjustment for leveling out the display besides the up and down for height viewing.

When the HUD display is viewed on my windshield in the "CENTER" of adjust ability which is at the Three O'Clock position its very, very out of level !!!

When I rotate the adjustment to Twelve O'Clock or full counter clockwise its still out of level by 10 to 15 degrees !!

I was hoping that there was a software re-calibration available to correct the adjust-ability and level the display correctly ????

If anyone can let me know how their display looks at the three O'clock position relative to level I would appreciate that info.

I am trying to see if this is a consistent defect in all the HUD's or if mine is just out of calibration/spec and needs a replacement if not software update exists.

Thanks in advance
There is a tilt adjustment also. Hit the left arrow on your steering wheel. Scroll to settings. Hit OK scroll to the HUD adjust.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:53 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE
There is a tilt adjustment also. Hit the left arrow on your steering wheel. Scroll to settings. Hit OK scroll to the HUD adjust.
Thanks, mine is adjusted as far as possible and its still not level, in the center position of that adjust-ability its way off.

I sat in a few other new Vette's with HUD and they are almost level/tilt wise in the center of that adjust-ability, so I am assuming mine is either out of calibration ??

OR its defective, and cannot be adjusted properly, and needs a replacement.

Last edited by RidgeRunner0207; 09-03-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:00 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

There is no software fix. It will require the dealer to remove the dash to access the mount.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:26 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

There is no software fix. It will require the dealer to remove the dash to access the mount.
LOL...............typical GM quality.

I have to say its pretty disappointing that it even made it out of Bowling Green as defective as it is ????

The dealer tech said it looks straight to him, he is I assume brushing me off !!!

If there is no software fix or re-calibration then I must have gotten a unit someone dropped or must have been a Friday built unit before a long weekend, or maybe it was a Tuesday hang-over unit after a 3 day weekend.

Its maddening that GM had from 2014 to 2019 to get this car correct and its still falling wayyyyyy short of the Porsche's I own in both quality and service experiences.

I guess I need to see about getting a new HUD, then I can deal with dash squeaks, rattles, broken pieces, and general issues with the car moving forward.

If I could have re-ordered it, I WOULD HAVE REFUSED THE CAR !!!.

Thanks for the info !!!
Old 09-03-2019, 01:32 PM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Can you try to take a photo of the HUD and post it here.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:37 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Can you try to take a photo of the HUD and post it here.
I'll try to get some, its stored due to Hurricane Dorian, so it may be a few days until I can get to it

Get notified of new replies

To HUD adjustability 2019 Z06

Quick Reply: HUD adjustability 2019 Z06