Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

89 Delco-Bose Radio noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 07:51 PM
NTR2DR
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Old School Fix

Back in the day, not too terribly long ago we would get "ignition" whine through our stereo systems. Since I sold auto parts as a "kid" and reman'd alternators I can tell you that Rarely is the problem in your alternator unless it is an import POS.

I have a Power Master 140 amp ZR1 alternator in my '89 with Bose and it has similar noise even with a new head unit,

To solution we had back in the day were to use shielded plug wires along with "RESISTOR" plugs. This typically solved the problem especially with pre-digital amps.

I hear speaker capacitors and grounds straps and yada yada when sometime the solution is just as simple as using the right tune up parts.

AC Delco 41-805 Spark Plug for instance...

"One-piece, fired-in suppressor seal blends three glass types for a gas-tight seal. Reduces radio frequency and engine interference, regulates spark plug energy and seals against compression pressures for long life"

Hi Performance plug wires general don't have "old school" shielding...

Just my 2¢... Hope it helps!

Quick Reply: 89 Delco-Bose Radio noise