Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuse 22 and other alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:47 PM
bluemotev
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse 22 and other alternatives

I was wondering if there was a better line to tap into to run the acc wire to the stereo other than fuse 22. This acc line shuts out immediately when the ignition is turned off. Is there a line that has the delay until the door is opened?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:32 PM
bluemotev
Instructor

ttt
Old 10-31-2005, 06:49 PM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

That is the million dollar question.
I have been looking for ever for this. and it appears most everyone here has been too.

some thought about messing with the relay or something from the power windows, but I never heard any more on that.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok i think i've figured it out roughly... sorry for the delay... but i think i have a solution... though try the power window thing first. put a multimeter on the lead and see if you get power and if it shuts out when you open the door. if that is the case then a simple relay would work. if not i think i could design a circuit with a 555 timer that will keep power to your stereo until you open the door. basically i would make the timer and set it to about 10 mins have it wired to count down when the fuse 22 wire cuts power. and then have the main power to the circuit come from a relay that is triggered by the door plunger thing.

i will check later to see if there are any prebuilt timers that i we could use
Old 11-07-2005, 09:45 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

maybe something like this would be even simpler:
http://www.precisiontimer.com/ss1.html

I believe it's like a timer and relay in one.

you would connect a relay before this that is on the timers 12v+ post. It would be tripped by the door being opened which would cut power to the timer and shut everything down.

i think the 602 is the way to go
Old 11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

http://www.electronickits.com/kit/co...lec/ck1614.htm
this is another alternative too
Old 11-07-2005, 09:54 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I dont see why would couldnt wind a RAP circuity in the fusebox most likely for the windows and do a relay on it, maybe if dad isnt home tomorrow I will tear into the vette and figure it out for you
Old 11-07-2005, 09:58 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

don't you lose the rap feature when you remove the stereo though?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
leolufse
Melting Slicks

You only need to use Fuse #22 if you have a 2004 C5. All other year C5s have an accessory harness available in the passenger footwell. It supplies constant power, switched power, and ground. And the switched power works in the ACC position, not just the RUN position like Fuse 22.

You will lose RAP.

On the C6, PAC makes an adapter to allow you to keep RAP and not mess around with the switched power lead.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:39 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

that is exactly what I am trying to do here. I'm trying to figure out a way to simulate RAP for those who want it. (I have mine hooked up to the Accessory harness in the footwell and I don't need rap since my computer has an automatic RAP feature anyways ) I'm just trying to figure out a way for everyone else to have RAP too
Old 11-08-2005, 03:23 PM
leolufse
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by scott_fx
that is exactly what I am trying to do here. I'm trying to figure out a way to simulate RAP for those who want it. (I have mine hooked up to the Accessory harness in the footwell and I don't need rap since my computer has an automatic RAP feature anyways ) I'm just trying to figure out a way for everyone else to have RAP too
The PAC TR7 adapter has a time delay switched power feature. Not exactly RAP, but it would work to keep the stereo system on, even after the key is removed from the ignition.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:56 PM
TopDownTech
Inactive Sponsor

St. Jude Contributor '04

Top Down Tech just released the Accessory Valet. It decodes the body control module's RAP commands over the OBDII bus and provides a signal that can control aftermarket stereos. It will allow the aftermarket stereo to operate exactly as the stock unit did. Also, power is muted when the ignition switch is in the "crank" position, just like for the stock stereo.

In addition to the RAP output, there is a second output that tracks the headlamp controls. If connected to the dimmer/illumination lead, the head unit will dim its display for night driving.

The module needs an always hot +12V, ground, OBDII data, and then provides the two signals mentioned above.

As an convenient bonus, Window Valet users will find that the Accessory Valet also tracks the enhanced RAP modes.

Check it out at http://www.TopDownTech.com/products.html

We hope this product is a useful addition to your aftermarket audio systems.

Sincerely,
-Michael Fuller, President
Top Down Technologies, Inc.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuse 22 and other alternatives

Quick Reply: Fuse 22 and other alternatives