Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Any good places to put a ps2 in a c5

Old 03-08-2006, 08:03 PM
wicked 98z
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been thinking about doing this also but have no idea on where it goes. There was a pick of a silver corvette with a x box and it was sick. They mounted it in the part between the seats. Let me see if I can find the pics. I would love to do it but I cost some $$$$
Old 03-08-2006, 08:07 PM
wicked 98z
Pro

http://www.caraudiomag.com/features/0305cae_arc/
Old 03-08-2006, 08:26 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

that is sweet with the xbox in the center like that. Great find. Can you add a drive via usb on the ps2? or is it not fast enough?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wicked 98z
YES! thats the one i was thinking of!

i wonder ifyou could make your own waterfall to mimic the vert?
Old 03-09-2006, 02:59 AM
straightrunning
Instructor

hmm put a waterfall in a coupe... iono how smooth that would look. Here's what I'm thinking so far, ide cables max is about 2ft so I need to dig a little more but I'm pretty sure the slim ps2's dvd drive is ide, sony is too cheap to do anything else. So i'll grab an old style ps2 drive and mount it in my dash, hack up the slim one and thro the electronics in the dash with the drive coming out below my screen. My carputer was put on a slight hold because I just order some new rims and a new rc car, but this just gives me more planning time. oh ya and back to mounting a watterfall, a friend of mine has a rollbar he said I could have if I wanted, i might be able to do something w/the bar and the waterfall if I decided to go in that direction.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:15 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Thats what i was thinkin about building up a waterfall. You can build one up and behind it, your amps and can mounted up or even to the sides of the waterfall
Old 03-09-2006, 12:17 PM
straightrunning
Instructor

I was thinking about possibly doing that. Floating the amps like that one guy did with the yellow ones + 3 12's. But iono oh well I'll be able to cover that up. Right now I was planning on having an amp rack behind the frame rail to before the lockdowns for the top. That one was going to hold my largest amp, the computer and the distribution blocks. Then the caps in one of the small compartments, the sub in the big one and my smaller amp against the back wall. The crossovers for the doors fit in the doors and the crossovers for the back I was going to put behind the seats, also my soundcard, startup controller and anything else behind the seats. Anything that would show from the car just sitting parked somewhere I was going to have covered up with carpet. So if i ever wanted anyone to see it I could just move the carpet back and open the trunk.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:06 PM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just throwing some more ideas out there for you, how about; if not a waterfall, a wall behind the seat. you could paint this to match you car and work the amp into that (mounting them vertically) with some molding and forming it could look good
Old 03-12-2006, 07:10 PM
kingfurook
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

i went through the same problem...good luck, ive since settled for just a dvd player, so i bought a half din in dash dvd player and plan on mounting it behind the ashtray lid with a couple switches for the driver side monitor and a sub kill. The dvd player is supost to be here tomorrow and i plan on knocking it out this week...you might want to consider this as an idea.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Xtreme5053
Instructor

Here's what I'm doing with mine...

Slim PS2 in the glovebox, moving the pass airbag switch to another location. Wireless controllers. So, I open glovebox, pop in CD/DVD. Close glovebox. Play PS2. Done. It's simple, stealthy, and neat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any good places to put a ps2 in a c5