Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 06:43 PM
6SPEEDY
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help!

I just finished replacing the trim pieces in the Coupe. I added an Alpine Mono amp and a JL 10" dual voice coil subwoofer and the difference is incredible.

Thank you to 99HT and Mitchmark for their help and for answering all my questions off the forum and on the phone.

I had the guys at Circuit City and Best Buy tell me that this could not be done on a C5 Bose system, and would lead to damage to the stock system. The only large retail stereo install place that seems to know anything about the C5 Bose system in my area is HiFi Buys. They do installs on C5s when the other two will not touch them.

I'm glad there are fellow forum members like 99HT and Mitchmark that will help a fellow Vetter.

Thanks again!

Dave

[Modified by 6SPEEDY, 10:15 PM 9/10/2001]

[Modified by 6SPEEDY, 10:22 PM 9/10/2001]
Old 09-10-2001, 07:09 PM
nwong
Heel & Toe

Default Re: Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help! (6SPEEDY)

Curious, but where did you attach the amp turn on signal? Somewhere on the back of the Bose HU? Which wire? :confused:
Old 09-10-2001, 08:21 PM
99HT
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help! (nwong)

You need to attache to the "Radio On" signal, C1 pin 8. It is on the back of the HU attached to the C1/C2 siamese connector. Put a 1 amp fuse in line to protect the HU. The color is DK GRN. This signal is routed to many places in the stock system including the power antenna if you have a convertible.
Old 09-11-2001, 12:14 AM
6SPEEDY
Pro

Default Re: Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help! (99HT)

I tapped into the dark green wire on the C1/C2 connector like 99HT says. Some people have recommended tapping into the auxilliary wires under the kick panel, where you would hardwire a V1, but I didn't like the idea of the amp being on all the time the car is on. This way it is only on when the HU is on. I put a .5 amp fuse in line because that is what 99HT had on his Bose Upgrade notes thread. Hasn't blown yet. If this is a problem I'll up it to a 1 amp fuse.
Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Got the Amp and Sub installed: Thanks for the help!