Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sirius/XM antenna

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 03:14 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Sirius/XM antenna

Thinking about adding Sirius to my C6 coupe. It’s an 06 with an aftermarket system and has a Kenwood DDX 8019 HU which is capable of accepting the Sirius gear. Only thing that’s holding me back at this point is where and how to mount antenna. Hoping not to have drill holes and don’t want the thing to look too obvious(ugly) on the exterior. Would appreciate it if anyone would tell me how you did yours? Any advise, comments welcomed also. Thanks

Also thinking of doing back up camera at the same time so feel free to chime in on that also.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

the car is fiberglass, mount the antenna next to the center channel speaker under the grill.

Old 11-02-2019, 10:03 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Did your car originally have stock XM radio ?
Old 11-02-2019, 11:00 AM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by madsonp
Did your car originally have stock XM radio ?
It did not. Should have gotten it at the time but you know what they about hindsight. Spoke to a shop yesterday and it’s not that much to do it, about $100.
XM module connected to my Kenwood and route antennae line to rear and two face tape antennae to rear hatch, no cutting, it’s quite small and not too intrusive. Would rather not have it there but I understand putting it on dash hinders reception. Still open to ideas.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC6
It did not. Should have gotten it at the time but you know what they about hindsight. Spoke to a shop yesterday and it’s not that much to do it, about $100.
XM module connected to my Kenwood and route antennae line to rear and two face tape antennae to rear hatch, no cutting, it’s quite small and not too intrusive. Would rather not have it there but I understand putting it on dash hinders reception. Still open to ideas.
the car is fiberglass, xm signal is not effected by that. my antenna has been installed in the same spot for 10 years now. Just like the OEM XM and GPS antennas are under fiberglass panels.

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius/XM antenna

Quick Reply: Sirius/XM antenna