Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C4 sub/spkr enclosures in factory speaker box locations

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
TheCorvetteKid
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C4 sub/spkr enclosures in factory speaker box locations

Hey guys,

I've noticed a few people on the forum here have fab'ed up their own sub/spkr enclosures that fit in the stock C4 rear Bose speaker box locations. I'm guessing these boxes would hold a 8" sub per enclosure in the rear, and 6.5" components in the doors/kick panels.

Does anyone have or has anyone drawn up the plans for these types of enclosures?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCorvetteKid
Hey guys,

I've noticed a few people on the forum here have fab'ed up their own sub/spkr enclosures that fit in the stock C4 rear Bose speaker box locations. I'm guessing these boxes would hold a 8" sub per enclosure in the rear, and 6.5" components in the doors/kick panels.

Does anyone have or has anyone drawn up the plans for these types of enclosures?

Thanks in advance
I have the 8s in the back of my vette. They are just a baffle sealed to the OEM speaker location, while most guys found the area sealled, mine was not, so I used the expanding foam (great stuff) and sealed both sides for the woofers. I am using Elemental Designs 9kV.2

For the front, since my car is an 89 with 91 dash, I have a 4" and tweeter int he frame rail and a 6.5" in the door..

Quick Reply: C4 sub/spkr enclosures in factory speaker box locations