Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C4-Volume size of rear enclosures?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Eakster
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C4-Volume size of rear enclosures?

Sorry if this is a repeat post but does anyone have the specs for the rear enclosures in a '96 C4 in cubic feet? A rough ballpark would do.

I've decided on 2 small subs in the stock rear enclosures, but the volume of the space back there will help me figure out 8" or 6.5" subs.

thanks!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
adown
Racer

if your talking about the rear speaker locations go with the 6.5. If your talking about the rear cubbys right behind the seat, I had a pair of 10's. The cubby door assy. was removed and the mounting board was put in its place at the same heigth as the lip. carried the same heigth all the way back with the amps mounted to the fiberglass of the rear compartment. It left just the tops of the amps showing through the cutouts of the false floor.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:55 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Eakster
Sorry if this is a repeat post but does anyone have the specs for the rear enclosures in a '96 C4 in cubic feet? A rough ballpark would do.

I've decided on 2 small subs in the stock rear enclosures, but the volume of the space back there will help me figure out 8" or 6.5" subs.

thanks!

You can use the 8" subs, thats what I am going to do. I can post a picture of the piece of MDF cutout I am using.

Randy
Old 05-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Eakster
Safety Car

Thanks - yes I meant the stock mounting locations. There is an irregular shaped hole underneath and I'm not sure how to measure it.

I was going to go the storage bin route, I might try it later on down the line.

I would just stick 8 inchers in there, but I don't know if 6.5's would suit the airspace better ??
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Eakster
Thanks - yes I meant the stock mounting locations. There is an irregular shaped hole underneath and I'm not sure how to measure it.

I was going to go the storage bin route, I might try it later on down the line.

I would just stick 8 inchers in there, but I don't know if 6.5's would suit the airspace better ??

I have heard of lots of people that that use the 8" speakers in the rear locations, do a search, or read the "What do you run" sticky at the top of the section. The airspace is not a problem, if it is, you can always put some accoustic absorbent material in the hole to increase the airspace.

Randy

BTW, there is a guy who put 10" subs into the rear locations, but I think they were not real stealthy, he could not use the stock speaker covers, like you can w/ the 8" subs.

Last edited by RandyJ75; 05-13-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: more info

Get notified of new replies

To C4-Volume size of rear enclosures?

Quick Reply: C4-Volume size of rear enclosures?