Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 mono amps and 2 10" sub wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
therbst
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 mono amps and 2 10" sub wiring diagram

I'm planning on using 2 Rockford Punch P3 10" subs in a custom sub box and I have 2 Rockford Mono "Prime" amps. One sub for each amp. What I can't find are the wiring instructions from the battery and head unit to the amps and subs. I'm looking for some help so I dont; have to pay best buy $200 to do it for me. Any help or directions to where I can find that help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Default Google is your buddy...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.asp?cat_id=2
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

What year/option car?

Stock or aftermarket radio?

You can find anything and everything about car audio electronics HERE

The amps need to have power/ground wires large enough to handle the current, the power should be fused and come directly from the battery. Short ground runs are preferred, but not required.

The trigger wire for the amps needs to be supplied by the radio, or whatever turns on the radio.

The speakers need to be rated so they match the amps. Don't try to put 2 ohm speakers on amps that can only go down to 4 ohms.....
Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 AM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

you can run the power from the big terminal on the underhood fuse box. it goes straight to the battery. The ground can be run from alot of places i actually have mine run off the trunk "pop" up motor. The turn on can be run from the radio or off the amp under the passengers feet or to the wiper fuse (you need to verify that, mine was key on fuse on so it works on my 09. The wiring to run the subs is easy, the instructions are with the sub. I also have a fogate p3 and cant imagine how loud 2 would be

Get notified of new replies

To 2 mono amps and 2 10" sub wiring diagram

Quick Reply: 2 mono amps and 2 10" sub wiring diagram