Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vette audio packages now available, ID, deadening, etc..

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:11 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Vette audio packages now available, ID, deadening, etc..

Complete plug play systems are in the works but with busted up knees(waiting for surgery soon) I can't get to that until I am well enough to crawl around in Vette foot wells again.

For now, buy an amp/speaker/sub system and get free super high end deadening, install materials, baffles, etc, each will be put together just for you. The high quality of service and gear with a very good price point would be nearly impossible to find anywhere else, why I am doing this (and to keep the IRS happy since I write off all my toys

If you want to really be weight conscious I can build the baffles like I am using out of Alumalite, super stiff and dense yet exceptionally low in weight I can provide the panels to fill in the big door holes from the same material as well, works great, I know!

Speakers:

For the doors, Image Dynamics authorized, my favorite is the XS65, or a bit more output the XS69(one of the few properly designed ovals ever produced). The XS series have super high end sound, neo magnets for low weight, great crossovers, etc.... I am working on the crossover tuning so you can run stock tweeter locations but I may still offer prebuilt A pillars once I can get more testing done.

For those that must have rear speakers I have chosen the CXS52 or 54 so we can have 2 or 4 ohm and made as a coax.

For a lower budget I have chosen the CTX line and I am going to test the 5.25s in the rear with the XS up front. If you keep the volume turned down they may be one heck of a way to have low cost rears that satisfy your desire for rear speakers

The CTX65 is a really decent low cost front speaker choice for those that just do not want to spend a bunch of money on their stereo but sure want to upgrade the horrible stock system!

Subs:
ID, IDQ, ID MAX, etc......enough said I do have one more option as well and many in stock more than I need Plenty of good enclosures available so I may not offer them yet. I am considering a single 8 for Verts that hids under the rear of the waterfall but have not had a chance to test fit it yet(may not work out) but it would actually be "stealthy"

Amps:
ID for behind seats, rear mount, etc...I have amps available that also fit in the stock Bose amp locations from a different manf.

----
Future thoughts:
I am working with a couple of very respected manf on a custom line of speakers and amps but it is a huge investment so being very careful in my approach to it. This would open the doors for systems to fit things like my late model 3500 dually( a ton of different GM vehicles as well) etc..and even better prices for my fellow Vette enthusiasts

Tell me what you would like to see!

----

Thanks,
Rick
RAAMaudio Inc
801-829-4997
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 PM
dgoldenz
Melting Slicks

Received 446 Likes on 208 Posts

Is there any possible way to get an IDmax in a C6 stealthbox-style? Now that I would be interested in...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

As long as willing to remove a non structural part of the rear deck(bins others use for subs) and drop in an enclosure it would be easy to run two 10" ID MAX subs and still hide the amps

Rick
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 PM
dgoldenz
Melting Slicks

Received 446 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
As long as willing to remove a non structural part of the rear deck(bins others use for subs) and drop in an enclosure it would be easy to run two 10" ID MAX subs and still hide the amps

Rick
I should have included the other part....is it possible to do this without sacrificing the ability to store the hard top? I don't want to put anything directly behind the rear seats if possible due to the theft factor. I had 2 12" IDmax's in my old car and loved them, would love to be able to run one again. I'm not going to be fabricating my own fiberglass enclosure and don't really want to drop $500+ on just a box.....if that is the case, I would just try to find a stealthbox and use an IDQv3 most likely.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

The 12" max is pretty darn deep and wide, I would need to know if the roof sits directly on the floor in the back corners or not. If the top of the subs could be above the floor any at all it becomes much more viable.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I had two of the very first batch of ID MAX's in my old Taco,

http://www.raamaudio.com/index.php?o...d=52&Itemid=37

I am running an IDQ 15 in my Scion TA car just for fun
That car did 138.4 db for 2 minutes on music and a special comp a few years back. Sub was the ARC Audio 15 (offspring of the IDQ) with an ARC 1000 watt AB amp in a 2.2 cube sealed enclosure that weight only 20 lbs.

I talked to Eric Stevens there today for quite some time

10" IDMAX subs would be pretty easy, 12's, maybe a bit tough or not practical.

For most of us, myself now included, 2 IDQ10V3 subs with 250 watts each would be way more than enough bass

And yes, if you get a stealthbox, the very first thing to do is get some real subs! (most do not know about the signature JL sound that is not entirely musical

Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 01-22-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:56 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
And yes, if you get a stealthbox, the very first thing to do is get some real subs! (most do not know about the signature JL sound that is not entirely musical

Rick

Please explain
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

You have to hear it, to hard to explain but JL is a good company, they stand behind their products, well made, just have this sound to their subs that is not natural. I used to run them and loved them until I installed my first set of IDQ by Image Dynamics. I went through many subs, over 10 setups in one vehicle looking for the right subs and ID ended up being what I have always used since, many years ago. I use the ID, IDQ, IDMAX and the ARC 10, 12, and 15" subs built by ID.

I will be using strictly ID made subs in all my systems though I am considering my own line of speakers and subs, engineered by ID of course

(I am looking into my own line of amps first though, engineered by none other than ID or Arc Audio

Both some of the best companies in this business, owned and operated by really great people, I stay with those I know and trust to do things right.

Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 01-25-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:28 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question was just asked on this forum of what would be a replacement for the stock stealthbox and still fit. I believe it comes with a JL10W3. What would the ID recommend be here?
Old 01-25-2010, 12:57 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I looked up the specs on both, I am certain the ID built Arc 10 will fit but the IDQV3 is a larger in diameter and the cutout is a bit wider as well but that part may be fixed with a round rasp if enough material left to bolt the sub to. I need to know if the recessed area where the sub mounts will allow the ID to fit.

The JL published specs versus the ID specs on the data sheet I have here on my desk:

JL/ ID
Mounting flange diameter 10.5"/ 11.063"

Cutout 9.026"/ 9.6"

Depth 5.93"/ 5.75"

Mag Diameter 5.25"/ 5.375" (my ID measurement)

The ID instead of the IDQ may be a drop in fit, still a great sub, I only have some 8's here though, just the 10" IDQV3.

I am sending a PM

Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 01-25-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I have not used a JL sub in many years but my sources tell me they still sound the same and they should know but I am taking there word on it. I should of made that clear right away, I apologize for not doing so before now

Rick
Old 02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I have shipped a couple and some less than full setups, the more ordered the better the deal, deadening thrown in, etc........

Thanks,
Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Vette audio packages now available, ID, deadening, etc..

Quick Reply: Vette audio packages now available, ID, deadening, etc..