Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bad radio reception on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
mundo
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad radio reception on a C5

I get bad reception in both AM and FM. My antenna is in the windsheild. I hear there is an antenna booster but I don't knoe where. Can anybody give me adivise?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Half of the antenna is in the windshield, the other half is in the hatch glass, the signals are combined and slightly amplified by a gizmo mounted next to the drivers side seat belt rollup retracter gizmo.

If you have a stock radio, not much you can do. If you have aftermarket, it's possible to make the combiner gizmo work again, but others have reported mixed resulte, click here for that info.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
dare8601
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 05 Grand Prix...the fm reception was crap...the dealer tried two radio's, new back window (antenna in window), installed booster,new speakers, and added additional antenna between roof....nothing worked. said they would replace car,,,when I started the process, gm said there was nothing wrong with my stereo...but the dealer said it was bad and didn't know what else to do to fix it...you talking about torked off.
I didn't have much good to say about gm for a while...ok vented..

Get notified of new replies

To Bad radio reception on a C5

Quick Reply: Bad radio reception on a C5