Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Info on Kenwood DDX 7015 install C6

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:39 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Default Need Info on Kenwood DDX 7015 install C6

Been trying to gather parts to start install. I have a Kenwood DDX 7015 and installing in an 08 C6 Vert.

I see that I will need a GM VT-GMOS-04 to retain chimes, XM etc... I have not found what I need to retain my steering wheel controls.

Is some of the latest PAL/PAC wiring sys all inclusive or is that something different?

I'm not sure at this point if I am going to bother with the NAV yet but will be installing the music keg. I guess oncc I figure out where I am going to shoe horn all this in I can decide as I go.

I am retaining the Stock Bose speakers and amp for the time being. If removed will any other wiring set up nbe needed to retain mentioned systems?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Robert

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Avoid the GMOS, if you don't have (or don't want to keep) OnStar all you need is the GMCO, with OnStar you'd need GMAH24(B) and GMAHCM. This thread details the parts you need.

This thread shows 90% of the work you need to do.

For a kenwood HU you'd need the SWI-Jack.

Above the passengers feet is a flat plastic panel with the light attached, pull that panel down and you can put lots of gizmos up there.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Thanks for the response and info. It doesn't seem to matter how much searching I do there is always info that I cannot find.

Originally Posted by markcz
Avoid the GMOS, if you don't have (or don't want to keep) OnStar all you need is the GMCO, with OnStar you'd need GMAH24(B) and GMAHCM. This thread details the parts you need.

This thread shows 90% of the work you need to do.

For a kenwood HU you'd need the SWI-Jack.

Above the passengers feet is a flat plastic panel with the light attached, pull that panel down and you can put lots of gizmos up there.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Info on Kenwood DDX 7015 install C6

Quick Reply: Need Info on Kenwood DDX 7015 install C6