Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Need Help Kenwood DNX9140 Static & pop

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
KenR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Kenwood DNX9140 Static & pop

I installed a Kenwood DNX9140 last weekend on a nonbose setup. I used the GMOS4 and SWI jack. All hookups seem fine. However, when I use my ipod or sirius I get static and popping at modestly high volumes. (under 23 volume setting for those familiar with the kenwood.) With the radio tuner I have to turn it to higher volumes to get the static and popping.

I am trying to diagnose the problem. I regrounded the system. I thought that might do it.

So what is the scoop? Is it just the OEM speakers not handling the setup? This doesn't seem right as I had the original OEM stereo louder than what I am getting the kenwood up to and it didn't pop or static.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

most likely an issue with gmos04
Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 AM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
most likely an issue with gmos04
oentavolvo and Markz will know the anguish I went through with the GMOS. One thing you did not mention was the generation of your Vette. I have a C6 AND AFTER GOING THROUGH 2 GMOS 04's and 1 GMOS 01 I put in a Peripheral GMCO and the problems were gone! It totally solved the problem of the static and popping which would build up and eventually leave after about 30 min of driving (or sometimes not at all). PLUS, I got ALL of my chimes back as an added bonus. Just my 2¢.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:29 PM
KenR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Yes. It is a C6. It does seem to go away after awhile. I will look into the GMCO.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KenR
Yes. It is a C6. It does seem to go away after awhile. I will look into the GMCO.
Ken,
Sorry about my suggestion. Sent you an email with the link. Didn't realize you had BOSE as I am non-BOSE. I found that PAC/Peripheral with their Delphi circuitry seems to work way better with the Vette.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help Kenwood DNX9140 Static & pop

Quick Reply: Need Help Kenwood DNX9140 Static & pop