Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM tuner and antenna location??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:04 AM
vjohn05
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XM tuner and antenna location??

Does anyone know if i could use my stock XM antenna in my 09 c6 coupe with an aftermarket XM tuner that goes to an AVIC z110bt? Also, where is the best place to mount the tuner box?

Oh...my car has the base, non bose radio.

Thanks,
Vince
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Yes you can. The XM tuner and the antenna connector on a coupe are under the carpet beneath the lip just above the left rear wheel. There's ground & +12V in the harness as well so it's a good spot to install a replacement tuner box.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:15 PM
johnnywoz
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I also replaced my stock radio with a Z110bt and got the XM tuner to with it. I have a '09 C6Z.

It looks like the stock xm tuner had two antenna connections, light green and light pink, which to use???
Old 04-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Use the pink (or yellow/orange in some cases), best results as per Forum posts. Green is for terrestrial (non-satellite) signal.

This has never really made any sense to me. I'm guessing that maybe the green antenna isn't pointed at the sky or is somehow different than the other.

There are antenna harness adapters you can get, but the ones I've seen only connect one of the antennas to the tuner, the other is just held in place and not used.

Last edited by Knob Jockey; 04-30-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:43 PM
johnnywoz
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
There are antenna harness adapters you can get, but the ones I've seen only connect one of the antennas to the tuner, the other is just held in place and not used.
Can you help on where to find this adapter? What would it be called?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

The satellite antenna connector is a standard design, the C6 has added plastic pieces (green and pink/yellow/orange) that help secure the connector to the OEM Tuner.

Just snap off the green plastic part and then plug it in to your aftermarket tuner.

You can use tape or heat shrink tubing to help keep it in place and connected. You can also put a bend in the cable and tie it off to keep pressure on the connection.

It kind of depends on how well the tuner in question 'grips' the antenna connector.

IMHO the adapters are worthless. But you might be able to find them on-line at Crutchfield.

Get notified of new replies

To XM tuner and antenna location??

Quick Reply: XM tuner and antenna location??