Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FINAL POST - My New Hertz/Audison Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
madcadr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FINAL POST - My New Hertz/Audison Stereo Install

Final Post on my New Stereo.

I originally posted under a few different posts - Here are the final results:

Well, I am 100% Pleased with my new stereo system. I had some issues after the shop installed it the first time - However, they corrected 100% of everything - And, even UPGRADED my AMP from a 4 channel to a more powerful 5 channel Audison Amp. They also upgraded my 10" to a dual-coil 2 ohm. I now know that the shop did not intend to "Rush" my install - They were trying to get it back to me before the weekend so that I could enjoy it - All, of the issues I had were easily fixed. I am confident that this will not happen to anyone else - I am as "Picky" as it gets - And, Italian to boot... Ha, Ha...

I spent right at my UPPER monetary limit - However, I feel that I got a GOOD deal - And, got exactly what I was looking for.

At first, I did not like the system as much as I would have thought - And, after reading all of your opinions - I decided that you all were right - The bigger AMP was a BIG factor.

Well, after I heard what the upgraded amp did for the system - I retook the car up and told them that now the rear bass is overwhelming the system - And, I have very little mid-base up front. He asked if he could suggest something (Knowing I was on a budget). I said "Sure". He asked if he could show me the difference between the Hertz ESK 165 6-1/2" I had installed vs the (Upper Level) Hertz HSK 165XL. He said that a "Better" front pair (Especially since I was only running 2 speakers) would be greatly better.

I immediately thought that I have heard the same thing on this forum - And, realized that it must be true and not just a sales pitch. After he showed me the difference in the physical speakers - i.e. magnet size, tweeter size, heaviness, cone material, etc... I said 'Go ahead and upgrade - But, this is my Limit...."

Well, long story short: "Holy Crap".... THIS is the system I always wanted.... The mid-bas is incredible - Feels very close to the amount of bass that the stock 10" fronts were pushing. The hair on my legs move... BUT, even though the mid-bass is incredible - It is STILL VERY CLEAR and has incredible "Highs".... Something I was missing in the stock system... And, the new fronts make the rear bass sound even louder??? He said that it helped "Pull" the bass together and surround me.

I am FLOORED by the "Back-End" service that this shop has - They really do care about your happiness. They actually KNOW that word-of-mouth is still the best advertising - And, it clearly shows because I am happy..!!..!!

If you live around the D/FW (Arlington, TX) area - And, your looking for a great shop (In my opinion) - Then, feel free to PM me and I will pass along their contact info. (Don't know if I can post the name here or not???)

THANK YOU ALL for your advice and opinions. I REALLY appreciate it !!!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear it's resolved.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:54 PM
mojo1
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Im looking for better door speakers but my budget is not up there with yours!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. Glad to hear they made everything right and you are happy.Just curious,is it the LRx 5.1k amp they upgraded you to? If so,I have one I'll be installing soon and it is a kickass amp.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:03 AM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Old 10-30-2010, 10:43 AM
madcadr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes LRx 5.1k Amp.

Boy-Oh-Boy... I went for a drive last night (With the targa top off) - And, was "Jamming" to Stevie Nicks Fleetwood Mac "Landslide" acoustical version. WOW, the crystal clear detail these high-end speakers give you. The tweeters are AMAZING. NO loss of sound quality at all at MAX volume 30. Everyone was commenting on the quality of sound (Gas Stations, etc...)

Then, to top it off - I went for a drive across the local lake here jamming to 2 songs:

First: "Bring in the Noise 20xx" (Flavor Flav featuring Zack Wylde)
Second: "Strangle Hold" by Ted Nuggent.

WOW - I never knew the "Sliding" sound in "Starngle Hold" was so powerful...

I will GLADLY make the monthly payments on this system now. I REALLY am enjoying my corvette on a whole new level.

None of my other 3 vettes (Past) ever had an upgraded system.

Now, off to listen to: "Diary of a Madman" by Ozzy - And, then "Empire State of Mind" by J-Z featuring Alicea Keys....

My music tatse is all over the place - ha, Ha...

Special Thanks to NYC6 - And, Raamaudio
Old 10-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Lancejoker
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome. Excited even more about my install now.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:24 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

A pleasure to help.

Get notified of new replies

To FINAL POST - My New Hertz/Audison Stereo Install

Quick Reply: FINAL POST - My New Hertz/Audison Stereo Install