Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pioneer AVH-4300DVD Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM
BIGTACO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-4300DVD Wiring Question

So I am so close but need a little help. Doing a double din install and complete audio system re-do. Both amps, front components, rear speakers all installed and 100% ready to go. I am to the point of wiring in my HU and need a bit of help. I looked through about 100 posts on this issue but only found bits and pieces of information. Need someone to verify what I have found before I wire this puppy in. Please let me know if this is correct:

1) Remote "amp" wire (blue) = connect to white wire on b3 of wire harness.

2) "ignition" wire (red) = connect to fuse #22 @ passenger side foot well.

3) Dimmer wire (orange) = connect to creme colored wire on HVAC plug.

4) Parking brake wire (green) = I want to bypass requirement for parking brake to be set so where do I connect this?

The yellow and black wires I am running into my GM wire harness adapter I got from DD mods.

Can anyone help verify items 1-3 and answer question 4?

Oops, Oh yea I have a 2003 c5 Z06.

Last edited by BIGTACO; 04-24-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

C5 schematics are available HERE

1) White wire at B3 is for C6, in C5 it's the dark green wire at pin 8 of C1. If you're replacing everything you don't need to connect that, if you're still using the door subs you DO need to connect it. The remote amp wire also needs to be connected to the trigger/remote terminal on your new amp(s).

2) Not sure what fuse 22 is, you can use the 3 wire pigtail for normal switched power or buy GMRAP or Accessory Valet to maintain R.A.P. controlled power.

3) Sounds right.

4) Go to AVIC411.com and find the 'bypass' instructions for your HU.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
BIGTACO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
C5 schematics are available HERE

1) White wire at B3 is for C6, in C5 it's the dark green wire at pin 8 of C1. If you're replacing everything you don't need to connect that, if you're still using the door subs you DO need to connect it. The remote amp wire also needs to be connected to the trigger/remote terminal on your new amp(s).

2) Not sure what fuse 22 is, you can use the 3 wire pigtail for normal switched power or buy GMRAP or Accessory Valet to maintain R.A.P. controlled power.

3) Sounds right.

4) Go to AVIC411.com and find the 'bypass' instructions for your HU.

Great! Thanks for the help.

Last edited by BIGTACO; 04-25-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer AVH-4300DVD Wiring Question

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-4300DVD Wiring Question