Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 Pasenger side cubby

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:01 PM
lionelc5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Pasenger side cubby

I have a 2008 C6 and I am in the process of adding a sub in the passanger cubby. But under the carpet in the cubby is a module.

I was told it was for onstar, but when I unpug it the car will not start and a message about ABS or anti locking braking system pops up.

There are two plugs on the top of the box that look similar to a coax plug, but one is slightly smaller. Are these plugs for OnStar? The car will run with out them, but there are 3 other multi pin plugs that have to be pluged in to run.

I am going to relocat the module, but is there anyone with some insite into what all the module controls and what plugs do and do not need to be extended? I dont care about the OnStar at all.

Sincerly,
LionelC
Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

That is the VCIM (Vehicle Communication Interface Module). Look at Marks response to my question in THIS thread.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM
lionelc5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much! So the antenna connections are for GPS and OnStar, both of witch I dont need so I dont have to connect them.

The other multi pin plugs will be easy to extend with a little wire and soldering.

Gotta love the CF, it seams that someone has always had a problem, and found the solution before and saves everyone else alot of trouble by posting here.

Thanks again,
Lionel

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Pasenger side cubby

Quick Reply: C6 Pasenger side cubby