Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Amp location/relocation - Kicker IX Series?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
ralphsmithiii
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Amp location/relocation - Kicker IX Series?

Hi everyone,

When I first bought my 2007 Z06 back in December of last year the first thing I did was rip out the entire factory system and replaced it with an Alpine DD Nav HU, Alpine 5-channel amp, 10" JL W3 (I think with custom vette nuts sub box?), new fronts/rears by Polk audio and have pretty happy with the results.

To mound the amp, I built a custom rear amp rack that fits where you would see a typical cargo divider or storage tray. But, over time it really takes up more space than I care for and its a lot of wood for an amp that looks like it MIGHT fit behind the passenger seat.

That being said, I've always wondered if there was an aftermarket amp made that would fit in the space where the factory Bose amps are at. I don't have the measurements for the Bose amps (still looking online for them) but after looking through Kickers website, I see they now make a small form factor amp in their IX series.

Has anyone used any of these amps and/or would they fit in that location? I'm considering switching over if nothing else, because they look like they would fit either underneath the passenger seat or behind it much better than my Alpine amp.

http://www.kicker.com/IX_Amplifiers
Old 10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
ralphsmithiii
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

After some further searching, I found this which is the direction I want to head:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...rade-pics.html

Quick Reply: Amp location/relocation - Kicker IX Series?