Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pioneer AVH-2400BT Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
JockamoIPA
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Pioneer AVH-2400BT Review

I recently replaced my stock non-Bose non-Nav head unit on my 2005 C6 Coupe with the Pioneer AVH-2400BT.

I bought the bracket, wire harness, antenna adapter, and radio from several different vendors on Amazon. Sorry to say but I saved almost $200 over similar packages being offered by some of the forum vendors.

If you have any electrical and mechanical experience at all then the install is easy. Otherwise I would recommend having a professional do it for you as it can be tedious to remove and replace all the parts and install the wire harness.

Overall I couldn't be happier. I planned on changing out the radio first and then changing the speakers but I have to report that the sound quality coming from the speakers with the Pioneer driving them is a marked improvement, and at this point I have no intention on replacing the stock speakers for a quite while.

The radio itself has many cool features. It has Bluetooth so you can link your iPhone to the radio which then gives you the ability to do handsfree calling, play music, you can even set it up to play Pandora straight from the radio. Since it has the Bluetooth interface I decided to go without the nav adapter and saved about $150 dollars because I can just use the free MapQuest App on my iPhone.

The look of the unit is also very nice. It looks much better than the stock unit. It brings the car's interior up-to-date, and gives it a classier look. On the radio screen itself you can configure several different color combinations and screen backgrounds. You can even upload your own wallpaper from a thumb drive.

Overall it was one of the best $320 I have spent in a long time.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:58 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the 8400 and while the sound quality is good, there are lots of little things that just bug the crap out of me. Almost like the user interface was not tested in the real world before the unit was released.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

Please post the name of the bracket manufacturer or part number. I'd like to find one for mine.

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:00 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Metra 95-3304
Old 08-25-2012, 08:25 PM
dork
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies