Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Has anyone put front speakers anywhere in a C5 besides the door??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
aerovette99
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Trash was the A Pillar completely redone to allow for the depth. I have yet to find a tweeter I can mount flush like that into the A pillar. Mine have all had to be top mounted. Tips?
I have nice 6.5's in the door a JL 10" in DD Mods Stealth in the center cubby in the rear and 5.25's in the rear sides (vert). I have a set of JL
xr 650's with crossovers just sitting around begging me to get into the game. I have a Fosgate Punch 200-2 also wanting to get into the game. Where in the world can I mount another 6.5 mid bass in this car without it looking stupid. I'm out of ideas
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by aerovette99
I have nice 6.5's in the door a JL 10" in DD Mods Stealth in the center cubby in the rear and 5.25's in the rear sides (vert). I have a set of JL
xr 650's with crossovers just sitting around begging me to get into the game. I have a Fosgate Punch 200-2 also wanting to get into the game. Where in the world can I mount another 6.5 mid bass in this car without it looking stupid. I'm out of ideas
Well right off the top of my head I can think of 2 places.

You can take your 5.25" out of the rear and modify the openings and put those mid bass badboys there. The rear is only for fill anyway. This will require quite a bit of work though. You can also buy some custom made sub boxes that mount in the left and right rear cubby holes. Usually guys put 8" or 10" in these but any custom builder can make 6.5" fit fine. Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
aerovette99
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Well right off the top of my head I can think of 2 places.

You can take your 5.25" out of the rear and modify the openings and put those mid bass badboys there. The rear is only for fill anyway. This will require quite a bit of work though. You can also buy some custom made sub boxes that mount in the left and right rear cubby holes. Usually guys put 8" or 10" in these but any custom builder can make 6.5" fit fine. Hope this helps.
Only problem with the cubbies is that I have a fosgate 500-2 in one and a fosgate 400-2 in the other.

Thanks for the advise Jeff. The 6 1/2 in the rear should sound better than the 5 1/4 though. I have 6.5 infinity speakers in the door and 5.25 infinity speakers in the rear.
This is some good food for thought. I'd have to figure what to do with the tweeters.

Quick Reply: Has anyone put front speakers anywhere in a C5 besides the door??