Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

05 C6 Vert where is the antenna amplifier located

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Rayzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 05 C6 Vert where is the antenna amplifier located

On my 05 C6 Vert where is the antenna amplifier located? I'm trying to see if I can check from that location to see if the antenna amplifier is getting power and what wire do I check. I think it's in the rear pass trunk Cobbie hole. Hair puller so far .
Also I'm thinking of replacing the antenna system with new amplified antenna system. Any suggestion on a brand that would get the FM radio coming in good from my new Pioneer avic head unit install. When I install the PAC interface that should have sent power to the antenna amplifier.
THANKS RAYZZZ MY CORVETTE LIKES MY MONEY
Old 01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

C6 prints HERE

All antenna pieces and parts are on the rear trunk wall under the vertical molded carpet piece.

Putting power to the white wire on B3 of the main plug triggers on both the oem amp and oem antenna.

If already powered I'd try one of THESE first, it helped a good bit in my '07. If that doesn't make you happy I'd go with something like THIS

Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Rayzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by markcz
C6 prints HERE

All antenna pieces and parts are on the rear trunk wall under the vertical molded carpet piece.

Putting power to the white wire on B3 of the main plug triggers on both the oem amp and oem antenna.

If already powered I'd try one of THESE first, it helped a good bit in my '07. If that doesn't make you happy I'd go with something like THIS

Purchase this one today. Thanks for the info. Hope this works out I'll let you know.
THANKS RAYZZZ MY CORVETTE LIKES MY MONEY
Metra 44-UA200

Get notified of new replies

To 05 C6 Vert where is the antenna amplifier located

Quick Reply: 05 C6 Vert where is the antenna amplifier located