Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Pak adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 05:25 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Default C6 Pak adapter question

If I don't care about onstar, warning bells, or the radio staying on after I kill the engine, why do I need a pak adapter? Why can't I just tap into the stock wires for what I need?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

If you're replacing EVERYTHING in the car and don't care about chimes or onstar, then all you need is switched power from the footwell.

You'll still need to power up antenna module by splicing HU amp remote into wire B3 of plug C1.

C2R-GM24 isn't expensive to keep RAP and chimes. Just the CM1 (even cheaper) can be wired in for chimes but no RAP.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:20 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Outstanding answer Mark. I was hoping you'd answer my question. Is this what you do fora living?

Originally Posted by markcz
If you're replacing EVERYTHING in the car and don't care about chimes or onstar, then all you need is switched power from the footwell.

You'll still need to power up antenna module by splicing HU amp remote into wire B3 of plug C1.

C2R-GM24 isn't expensive to keep RAP and chimes. Just the CM1 (even cheaper) can be wired in for chimes but no RAP.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:30 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Outstanding answer Mark. I was hoping you'd answer my question. Is this what you do for a living?

I've no problem using the c2r-gm24. I really dislike the RAP feature. Can I simply not connect a wire to disable that?

Originally Posted by markcz

Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Just get switched power at the fuse box then
Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by vetten76
Outstanding answer Mark. I was hoping you'd answer my question. Is this what you do for a living?

I've no problem using the c2r-gm24. I really dislike the RAP feature. Can I simply not connect a wire to disable that?
My work is multi-craft industrial maintenance, this car stuff is easy in comparison.

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Just get switched power at the fuse box then
yep

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Pak adapter question

Quick Reply: C6 Pak adapter question