Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XM stuck on channel 255

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default XM stuck on channel 255

I installed a 3.5mm plug in the wiring harness at the factory xm receiver. I now have pandora on the XM band at the flip of a switch. I received a letter from XM telling me that I had free xm radio for a few weeks because I was once a paying customer. Problem is that now I cannot change stations on the xm band. The radio is stuck on station 255. I purchased and installed another XM receiver box and antenna. That made no difference. I can get radio ID from both xm boxes but same problem with each. NO way to change stations.
Anyone ever experience this? Could it be damage in the factory head unit?
I have the factory bose system with nav, (2008) but I am now considering replacing the headunit with an aftermarket. However I still like the heads up display for nav when driving in unfamiliar areas and can't get an aftermarket to do that. Bluetooth would also be nice.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

IIRC the XM box will lock out the channels that it is not currently authorized to receive. If you can get XM to re-transmit the signal to your box that would turn on the free trial, then all of the other stations should appear. You may be able to do it online if you have your log in info.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 PM
hydrasport
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

My truck and other car both go to the preview station when I have no XM service. The radio must go to either station 1 or 2 (don't remember for sure)to receive the signal. I'm done with trying to fix it. Ready to get an android HU with all the other options available on newer stereos.

Get notified of new replies

To XM stuck on channel 255

Quick Reply: XM stuck on channel 255