Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Early impressions of Pioneer 8200

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Flash_Gordon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by rdricks
How quick does the 8200 boot up? Do you have a backup Camera? If so, will it turn on before boot is complete?

I have a 4200 in another vehicle that has been great.

Takes a few seconds for the 8200 to boot up. I have front and rear cameras. Yes, the back up camera will turn on before boot is complete.
The following users liked this post:
rdricks (03-06-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 04:07 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Another nice thing about this unit, and I believe all Pioneer Avic Nex models, is that the Pioneer has a "discreet" built in emergency brake bypass feature. I just activated this feature the other day after not being allowed to access some photos on my SD card while I was in motion. It's a one time activation that stays on forever unless you change your car battery and lose all power and/or repeat the steps to turn it off. Here's the steps if anyone is interested,

1- Press the main menu button (bottom center button on my mine)
2- Press AV button on the screen to access AV options
3- Press the source off button
4- Press and hold your finger in the bottom left hand corner for about 10 seconds(about a half inch from bottom and a half inch from left side of the screen, there is no visual icon there, it is a hidden button)

After 10 seconds you will hear a small beep and see a small box appear in the center bottom of screen the says "set on". Procedure is now done and your parking brake is now permanently set to "on" as far as the head unit is concerned.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
Another nice thing about this unit, and I believe all Pioneer Avic Nex models, is that the Pioneer has a "discreet" built in emergency brake bypass feature. I just activated this feature the other day after not being allowed to access some photos on my SD card while I was in motion. It's a one time activation that stays on forever unless you change your car battery and lose all power and/or repeat the steps to turn it off. Here's the steps if anyone is interested,

1- Press the main menu button (bottom center button on my mine)
2- Press AV button on the screen to access AV options
3- Press the source off button
4- Press and hold your finger in the bottom left hand corner for about 10 seconds(about a half inch from bottom and a half inch from left side of the screen, there is no visual icon there, it is a hidden button)

After 10 seconds you will hear a small beep and see a small box appear in the center bottom of screen the says "set on". Procedure is now done and your parking brake is now permanently set to "on" as far as the head unit is concerned.

Dude, that's awesome, thank you!!
Old 06-19-2017, 05:39 PM
Gmurabito
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reverse Camera

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
I also went with the 8200nex. I installed this last weekend with a reverse camera, and am super happy with it so far. One of the improvements over the 8100 is that the warning screen goes away on its own in a few seconds without having to press ok. Reverse camera comes on right away too, haven't had to wait to boot up fully. Prices on this unit have been coming down lately also. I've seen them on Amazon for under $800. That's where I got mine.

Torch, thank you for the info. Im getting ready to have the 8200 installed and wondered what reverse camera you went with and where did you locate it.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:06 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmurabito
Torch, thank you for the info. Im getting ready to have the 8200 installed and wondered what reverse camera you went with and where did you locate it.
I bought a Pyle camera from amazon ($17). I used an existing screw and added a little plastic washer/spacer to mount it. I just have one screw and the wire holding it in place but it doesn't move unless I push it by hand. I refused to make a hole in the car unless I absolutely had too. So far, no problems.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 06-19-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Early impressions of Pioneer 8200