Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

GM pal V1 trouble. any way to update to V2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:27 PM
khabboub
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default GM pal V1 trouble. any way to update to V2?

I bought a used 2010 C6 with the GM pal V1 installed (took me a while to figure out what was going on).

I have been having a little bit of trouble with it. sometimes it will not pick up anything from the iPod thats connected to it. or sometimes it will only output the audio to the left side of the car. is there anyway to upgrade it to the GM pal V2? I want to remove the 30-pin and use a lightning cable as well. I have tried searching the forum but I am not finding a quick answer.

Thank you!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:01 PM
crusher1
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by khabboub
I bought a used 2010 C6 with the GM pal V1 installed (took me a while to figure out what was going on).

I have been having a little bit of trouble with it. sometimes it will not pick up anything from the iPod thats connected to it. or sometimes it will only output the audio to the left side of the car. is there anyway to upgrade it to the GM pal V2? I want to remove the 30-pin and use a lightning cable as well. I have tried searching the forum but I am not finding a quick answer.

Thank you!

Give Ray Kawal a shout...He can fix you right up . I bought my PAL from him years back and it works like a charm to this day.

http://www.kawal.net/vettemods.htm
Old 03-31-2017, 10:43 AM
99Z51
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Ray updated the PAL on my 2010 with no problems. You have to pull the unit out and ship it to him. He has quick turnaround.

There is no "lightning" cable for PAL. You have to use an adapter from Apple. The problem is if you have the original white cable, it will not charge your phone while plugged in.

I use a ALURATEK AIS03FG to connect via Bluetooth. You loose the song names on the screen, but you can use the steering wheel controls to skip songs.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:01 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Z51
Ray updated the PAL on my 2010 with no problems. You have to pull the unit out and ship it to him. He has quick turnaround.

There is no "lightning" cable for PAL. You have to use an adapter from Apple. The problem is if you have the original white cable, it will not charge your phone while plugged in.

I use a ALURATEK AIS03FG to connect via Bluetooth. You loose the song names on the screen, but you can use the steering wheel controls to skip songs.
Is this the only solution- are there any cables that can get the Lightning iPhones to charge and skip tracks with the Pal the way the old ones did?

Thanks in advance.

Get notified of new replies

To GM pal V1 trouble. any way to update to V2?

Quick Reply: GM pal V1 trouble. any way to update to V2?