Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 Bose Aftermarket HU.. Turns off with door shut and chimes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Dave01GT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Default C6 Bose Aftermarket HU.. Turns off with door shut and chimes

Hey guys. I tried installing a Kenwood double din (nothing special, just want BT). I thought I had the correct wires. When I plug in the harness and turn it on the stereo comes on with the door open. It will stop playing when the door closes. It will also do the chime with the door closed. I'm sure something has to be backwards, but don't see on the Axxess harness which wire is specifically for the power off for the door open. The black box is also getting constant power and never turns off. The red led light always stays on. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Dave01GT; 05-13-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:48 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I'm not sure about your harness and/or if you have the right one that is compatible with your Corvette. I always recommend the Pac Audio RP5-GM11 because it's an all in one harness that works with or without Bose, and with or without OnStar, and is the one most recommended for the C6. But to try to help with your problem, you should have 3 wires that supply power to the head unit. Check to make sure you have them connected correctly.

Wires,
1 - black wire is your ground
2 - red wire is your ignition wire (it supplies 12v when the key is turned or the ignition is on)
3 - yellow wire is your constant power. (this supplies power to the head unit at all times and is needed so the head unit can retain memory settings and clock, even when the unit is off)

Quick Reply: C6 Bose Aftermarket HU.. Turns off with door shut and chimes