Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

installing new door speakers and wires 1985

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Bfenty
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts
2017 C4 of Year Finalist
Default installing new door speakers and wires 1985

I originally posted in the C4 forum, but I'll cross-post here.

I'm trying to install new door speakers in my 1985 Corvette. I'm completely bypassing the factory amp as it is not working anyway. I went to take it apart, got the front door panel off, and that didn't seem to get me anywhere. There's an enclosure around the speaker that I'm not sure how to get past. I can see where to put wires through from inside the car to get into the door, but I can't find where they will come out on the door side. I'll attach a pic for reference. Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-25-2017, 04:39 PM
bogus
Team Owner

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

This is surgery.

You will need to take the door panel off, remove the inner door panel, take the enclosure apart and remove.

The wiring will then need to be directed back to the dash, or wherever the amp(s) are located.

The head unit will need to be upgraded.
The following users liked this post:
Bfenty (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:37 PM
Bfenty
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by bogus
This is surgery.

You will need to take the door panel off, remove the inner door panel, take the enclosure apart and remove.

The wiring will then need to be directed back to the dash, or wherever the amp(s) are located.

The head unit will need to be upgraded.
Thanks-already upgraded the head unit and have the rear aftermarket speakers installed. It's just the doors that are giving me fits. So you have to take the inner door panel off as well? geez.

Can I reuse the enclosure? I bought 4" speakers to replace them like factory and will probably mount them to the enclosure.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:57 AM
haroldhenry
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a little bit tricky but possible. For more detailed instructions on how to install new speakers or custom car stereo visit here.
The following users liked this post:
Bfenty (06-16-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To installing new door speakers and wires 1985

Quick Reply: installing new door speakers and wires 1985