Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Snt to add some bass to your C7 Bose system. NO PROBLEM Thanks JL Audio

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 04:05 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Snt to add some bass to your C7 Bose system. NO PROBLEM Thanks JL Audio

This has been long over due. I bought this box 6 months ago and have simply not had time to do the work. None the less Sunday I was bored and took on the task. Componants were a JL Audio 2 10" box, PPI 1000 watt monoblock, and a audiocontrol LC2i. All of this were surely overkill but hay that's what I like. None the less this was one of the easiest installs I ever done. Hardest part was reaching over my APR spoiler (5'7" and fat LOL). Needless to say you could do a nice upgrade for around $700 to your C7. Make sure you tap the green w/purple stripe and gray w/black stripe on the green harness connected to the BOSE amp. It is furthest to the lest on the drivers side. I had a buddy take his Z06 to a local stereo shop. Besides the fact they charged him $2400 for the same setup they cut the harness going to the rear sub AND removed it. That sub has more to do with sound processing and is phased out 180 degrees so that was the first mistake. Second is the fact with the SAME identical box in my car it is night and day different. Left the rear sub in there and let it do its job. Some audiophiles will complain and have perfect reasoning however I am happy so the whole "frequencies are phasing out one another from all the speakers" is meaningless to me. I am not competing just wanted some beat. Oh yeah and the top fits. I hope this helps the next guy.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Snt to add some bass to your C7 Bose system. NO PROBLEM Thanks JL Audio