Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions about Sony XAV AX100 Install in a 2009 C6

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:40 PM
stuckMTB
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Questions about Sony XAV AX100 Install in a 2009 C6

Anybody here running a Sony XAV AX100 in a C6?

I just installed mine today with the PAC RP5-GM11 harness to connect to my car, followed the instructions to a T but I cannot get the steering wheel controls to work.

I've got a 3LT with Bluetooth, Bose and NAV (stock), keeping the Bose amp with the Sony setup.

I tried going through the Sony unit's menus to try and reprogram the SWCs but no luck.

I did find this thread (thanks google) on Sony's website about a 2010 GS owner who ran into a similar issue, and they recommended changing the PAC controller to setting 7 instead of setting 8 as they recommend in the instructions.

Just curious if anyone else here has tried that? I'd love some more info before I spend another couple hours tearing into the dash!

-Brian
Old 07-23-2017, 11:13 AM
stuckMTB
Advanced

Sony Help Thread

So I dug back into it this morning and followed the recommendation from the Sony help thread listed above and my steering wheel controls work!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:22 AM
NotLawReview
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha! I was about to post the solution but you found my Sony message board comment that explains everything!

Glad you figured it out!
The following users liked this post:
stuckMTB (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:54 AM
stuckMTB
Advanced

Originally Posted by NotLawReview
Ha! I was about to post the solution but you found my Sony message board comment that explains everything!

Glad you figured it out!
Yeah, I was afraid to reconnect the battery power without all the console switches connected, which is hard to do because the wires are so short, so I just put everything back together on day 1 of my install and was pretty annoyed when my SWC's didn't work.

But after some digging I found your post there and fortunately after having done it one, the fix was pretty quick the next morning. Got it done with much less sweat and cursing!

Thanks so much for sharing that!

-Brian

Last edited by stuckMTB; 07-24-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:37 PM
stuckMTB
Advanced

Originally Posted by NotLawReview

Glad you figured it out!
Did you by chance install a backup camera with your new radio? I'm thinking of adding one to my car but I can't find very clear info about wiring, and the stuff I'm finding is often contradictory.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:28 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

I am looking at the XAV-AX100, how do you like it as a unit?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:38 AM
stuckMTB
Advanced

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
I am looking at the XAV-AX100, how do you like it as a unit?
Been about a month since my install and I'm a pretty big fan so far. My only complaint with the unit so far is somewhat slow boot times when the car starts up (3-5 seconds usually, sometimes a bit longer).

Just installed a backup camera to go with it yesterday, I would recommend doing this at the same time as the radio install if you're interested to save yourself taking apart the center stack more than necessary.

I really like the design of the radio though, it looks very well integrated in the car with OEM like appearance. The user interface and graphics are straightforward, clean and easy to use. I'm not a fan of some of the decks from other brands that have a bit of an 'alienware PC' look.

I would definitely buy this radio again if I had to do it over again.

Brian
Old 08-21-2017, 09:21 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

how is the sound from it? Granted there are several factors in sound.. looking for general opinions..

I have an android in my car, while I like what I can do, it also is not a polished as I was hoping it to be
Old 08-21-2017, 10:12 AM
stuckMTB
Advanced

I'm pretty pleased with the sound. I listen to a variety of music, news, podcasts and audiobooks and the only thing I've noticed is that on some podcasts it can be a bit heavy on bass but I haven't played with the EQ settings to tune it out. Very happy with the performance on the music I listen to.

I've got Bose in my car, and I didn't change anything except for the head unit.
The following users liked this post:
-=Jeff=- (08-21-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about Sony XAV AX100 Install in a 2009 C6

Quick Reply: Questions about Sony XAV AX100 Install in a 2009 C6