Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Typical cost to upgrade speakers/amp in C7?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 04:02 PM
RE/MAX 1
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Typical cost to upgrade speakers/amp in C7?

As someone who enjoys driving their M7 2016 Z06 with great sound, can anyone chime in on what a budget should be and any recommended specs for speakers/amp/subwooofer? I definitely will be keeping the head unit and want to maintain all of the current features. Keep in mind I will be paying an installer to do the work, as I'm certainly not quailified. I want to keep everything stealth looking using current areas in car. I want good, crisp sound with nice bass, doesn't need to blow the roof off. I will probably be using CarTunes in Atlanta. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by RE/MAX 1; 08-06-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-06-2017, 06:01 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by RE/MAX 1
As someone who enjoys driving their M7 2016 Z06 with great sound, can anyone chime in on what a budget should be and any recommended specs for speakers/amp/subwooofer? I definitely will be keeping the head unit and want to maintain all of the current features. Keep in mind I will be paying an installer to do the work, as I'm certainly not quailified. I want to keep everything stealth looking using current areas in car. I want good, crisp sound with nice bass, doesn't need to blow the roof off. I will probably be using CarTunes in Atlanta. Any help would be appreciated.
car tunes doesn't really carry a lot of decent gear and they charge full retail for it.

of the stuff cartoys carries JL audio is probably the go-to. they also have focal but it's not a sound i like...some seem to but it's really in your face

1st question is can you fit a subwoofer somewhere and if so how large. even an 8" like the 8w3v3 can make a great difference. the JL c5 components are alright

cost wise. front c5 components $500
8w3v3 subwoofer $180
rear fill speakers $200-400, c3 or c5 coax
amp wise. something mid level like an xd 700/5 $599-699

you could do better if you live in another state but i briefly looked around and the entire state of georgia is isolated from any real car hi-fi shops

also, if you want to get louder moving to a larger 10" sub of the w3 or even better w6 variants will really bring up the sound pressure level

edit: just reread cartunes. not the national cartoys shops. car TUNES has audison. this is another great brand and opens the door to more amplifiers and more speakers. cost will be similar but audison makes great products. chat them up about factory integration and take a listen to various speakers. also, bring your own music with you. things you are use to. spend at least one song on each

Last edited by racebum; 08-06-2017 at 06:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RE/MAX 1 (08-06-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 08:37 PM
RE/MAX 1
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many thanks for the insight, exactly what I was looking for!

Get notified of new replies

To Typical cost to upgrade speakers/amp in C7?

Quick Reply: Typical cost to upgrade speakers/amp in C7?